Molasses & Ginger Roasted Salmon
By yasmine • December 15, 2015
After several years of grilling salmon and watching cooking shows, I perfected my salmon. It is moist, sweet & savory with deep gingery notes… a must try!
- 700-800 gram salmon (fillet) - سمك السلمون
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 3 tablespoon molasses - عسل أسود
- 3 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated OR ground) - جنزبيل
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon rosemary (leaves only) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mix the sesame oil, molasses, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fresh pepper and half of the rosemary.
- Put the defrosted salmon fillet into a zip lock or fridge plastic bag (wrap it in kitchen paper) and add the mix to it. Make sure the liquid is distributed evenly around the salmon, seal the bag and place it in the fridge for a minimum of half hour (it can stay a full day in the fridge) to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a large oven tray with parchment paper.
- Put the salmon skin-side down with all the sauce on the the tray and place it in the middle of the oven. Let it bake for 20-25 minutes. You can re-scatter the fallen sauce over it a couple of times while baking. Don’t panic if the sauce remains turns dark, this is the effect of the caramelization of the molasses.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh rosemary and serve it warm.
Salmon Ravioli en Papillotes
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Hassle-free and...
Sweet Couscous has always been a classic on my grandmother's dessert table. As children, we used to...
Hearty Chicken Strips with Carrots & Potatoes
This Chicken Strips with Carrot & Potato Cubes dish was inspired by an old Egyptian recipe...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]