Molasses & Ginger Roasted Salmon
By yasmine • December 15, 2015
After several years of grilling salmon and watching cooking shows, I perfected my salmon. It is moist, sweet & savory with deep gingery notes… a must try!
- 700-800 gram salmon (fillet) - سمك السلمون
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 3 tablespoon molasses - عسل أسود
- 3 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated OR ground) - جنزبيل
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon rosemary (leaves only) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mix the sesame oil, molasses, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fresh pepper and half of the rosemary.
- Put the defrosted salmon fillet into a zip lock or fridge plastic bag (wrap it in kitchen paper) and add the mix to it. Make sure the liquid is distributed evenly around the salmon, seal the bag and place it in the fridge for a minimum of half hour (it can stay a full day in the fridge) to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a large oven tray with parchment paper.
- Put the salmon skin-side down with all the sauce on the the tray and place it in the middle of the oven. Let it bake for 20-25 minutes. You can re-scatter the fallen sauce over it a couple of times while baking. Don’t panic if the sauce remains turns dark, this is the effect of the caramelization of the molasses.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh rosemary and serve it warm.
Pulled Beef & Onions
A unique take on the Egyptian meat and onions casserole. Recipe uploaded by Nada...
Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
الوصفة بالعربي A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]