Molasses & Ginger Roasted Salmon
By yasmine • December 15, 2015
After several years of grilling salmon and watching cooking shows, I perfected my salmon. It is moist, sweet & savory with deep gingery notes… a must try!
- 700-800 gram salmon (fillet) - سمك السلمون
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 3 tablespoon molasses - عسل أسود
- 3 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated OR ground) - جنزبيل
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon rosemary (leaves only) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mix the sesame oil, molasses, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fresh pepper and half of the rosemary.
- Put the defrosted salmon fillet into a zip lock or fridge plastic bag (wrap it in kitchen paper) and add the mix to it. Make sure the liquid is distributed evenly around the salmon, seal the bag and place it in the fridge for a minimum of half hour (it can stay a full day in the fridge) to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a large oven tray with parchment paper.
- Put the salmon skin-side down with all the sauce on the the tray and place it in the middle of the oven. Let it bake for 20-25 minutes. You can re-scatter the fallen sauce over it a couple of times while baking. Don’t panic if the sauce remains turns dark, this is the effect of the caramelization of the molasses.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh rosemary and serve it warm.
Most Aromatic Chicken Stock
There are lots of ways to preparing a good homemade chicken stock, yet this recipe must be the...
Honey Cinnamon Toasties
From 12 months. Make your kids happy with those yummy sweet toasties. Healthy, super simple, and...
Crispy & Creamy Avocado Fries
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with EasyPan.com. These...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]