Molasses & Ginger Roasted Salmon
By yasmine • December 15, 2015
After several years of grilling salmon and watching cooking shows, I perfected my salmon. It is moist, sweet & savory with deep gingery notes… a must try!
- 700-800 gram salmon (fillet) - سمك السلمون
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 3 tablespoon molasses - عسل أسود
- 3 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated OR ground) - جنزبيل
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon rosemary (leaves only) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mix the sesame oil, molasses, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fresh pepper and half of the rosemary.
- Put the defrosted salmon fillet into a zip lock or fridge plastic bag (wrap it in kitchen paper) and add the mix to it. Make sure the liquid is distributed evenly around the salmon, seal the bag and place it in the fridge for a minimum of half hour (it can stay a full day in the fridge) to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a large oven tray with parchment paper.
- Put the salmon skin-side down with all the sauce on the the tray and place it in the middle of the oven. Let it bake for 20-25 minutes. You can re-scatter the fallen sauce over it a couple of times while baking. Don’t panic if the sauce remains turns dark, this is the effect of the caramelization of the molasses.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh rosemary and serve it warm.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Here is a healthy low calorie, gluten free breakfast recipe! A recipe by Maha...
Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken...
Creamy Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]