Molasses & Ginger Roasted Salmon
By yasmine • December 15, 2015
After several years of grilling salmon and watching cooking shows, I perfected my salmon. It is moist, sweet & savory with deep gingery notes… a must try!
- 700-800 gram salmon (fillet) - سمك السلمون
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 3 tablespoon molasses - عسل أسود
- 3 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated OR ground) - جنزبيل
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon rosemary (leaves only) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mix the sesame oil, molasses, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fresh pepper and half of the rosemary.
- Put the defrosted salmon fillet into a zip lock or fridge plastic bag (wrap it in kitchen paper) and add the mix to it. Make sure the liquid is distributed evenly around the salmon, seal the bag and place it in the fridge for a minimum of half hour (it can stay a full day in the fridge) to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a large oven tray with parchment paper.
- Put the salmon skin-side down with all the sauce on the the tray and place it in the middle of the oven. Let it bake for 20-25 minutes. You can re-scatter the fallen sauce over it a couple of times while baking. Don’t panic if the sauce remains turns dark, this is the effect of the caramelization of the molasses.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh rosemary and serve it warm.
Soft Shrimp Rolls
This is such an easy and convenient recipe that you can prepare for the guests you want...
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet, creamy, and so heart-warming, what's a better winter warmer than home baked...
Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich
The Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich is not only nutritious, but it is...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.