Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Bake
By yasmine • April 20, 2016
From 9 months.
This is a perfect broccoli – cauliflower mix recipe to introduce your baby to these two nutritious veggies. It is creamy and tasty and overall filling. You can mash it with some boiled chicken or meat for a complete meal.
Generally, don’t overload on broccoli and cauliflower just in case it bloats your child.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 1 cup broccoli (small florets) - بروكلى
- 1/2 cup cauliflower (small florets) - قرنبيط
- 1 cup full cream milk - لبن كامل الدسم
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 slice bread (toast) - خبز
- drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1-2 tablespoon mozzarella cheese (grated - OPTIONAL) - جبن موتزاريلا
Step by step
- In a food processor, pulse the bread slice with a drizzle olive oil for a minute. It should turn into chunky crumbs. Set aside. (This step is optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Add flour and stir until combined - about a 1 minute. Stir in the milk slowly making sure to dissolve the flour lumps in the process.
- As mix starts simmering, stir in broccoli and cauliflower. Sprinkle nutmeg and stir. Cover pan and let it cook for about 10 minutes. The mixture will become creamy with semi-cooked broccoli and cauliflower.
- Transfer to a small baking dish or pyrex. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top (optional) followed by grated mozzarella.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for another 15 minutes until broccoli is cooked through and breadcrumbs are golden. You can just mash it with a fork for your toddler or use a handheld mixer to cream it completely.
Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger...
Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate & Icing
This is not really a recipe - it is just a more colorful idea to serving delicious strawberries...
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled...