Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
By Lilian Boukheir • January 9, 2020
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
- 1.5 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1 whole pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 3 whole tomato - طماطم
- 3 whole cucumber - خيار
- 1 whole onion (diced) - بصلة
- 1 bunch parsley (leaves finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1/2 bunch mint (leaves finely chopped) - نعناع
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 whole lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- To cook the quinoa, bring 1.5 cups of quinoa and 3 cups of water to a boil. Reduce to medium heat until water is at the same level with quinoa. Lower heat and cover for 4 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with fork then keep it covered for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa to a bowl and leave to cool until you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Dice tomatoes, onion and cucumber and finely chop mint and parsley.
- Combine veggies and herbs with cooled quinoa and add the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Serve cold.
Oven-Baked Herb Fish
To add more fish to your weekly meals, try this hassle-free Oven-Baked Herb Fish recipe! In less...
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
The house will smell divine while these filling, super healthy and extremely delicious Sweet...
This Coconut Ashoura is pure happiness in a bowl. It is deliciously creamy, super nutritious, and...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]