Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
By Lilian Boukheir • January 9, 2020
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
- 1.5 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1 whole pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 3 whole tomato - طماطم
- 3 whole cucumber - خيار
- 1 whole onion (diced) - بصلة
- 1 bunch parsley (leaves finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1/2 bunch mint (leaves finely chopped) - نعناع
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 whole lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- To cook the quinoa, bring 1.5 cups of quinoa and 3 cups of water to a boil. Reduce to medium heat until water is at the same level with quinoa. Lower heat and cover for 4 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with fork then keep it covered for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa to a bowl and leave to cool until you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Dice tomatoes, onion and cucumber and finely chop mint and parsley.
- Combine veggies and herbs with cooled quinoa and add the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Serve cold.
Originally a traditional Russian dish, Beef Stroganoff is always a crowd pleaser! It is easy to...
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Baked Kofta Rolls
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. It's a very easy...
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]