Turmeric Basmati Rice
By shahdan • May 24, 2015
Yellow turmeric rice is the perfect companion to all curry dishes! I also like to serve it with regular chicken, meat and fish dishes to add new colour and flavour to our table.
- 2 cup basmati rice - أرز بسمتي
- 4 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 large bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- 3 pod cardamom - حبهان
Step by step
- In a sieve, rinse the rice with cold water.
- Next, add the rice, 4 cups of boiling water (from the kettle), the salt, turmeric, cardamoms and bay leave in a pot.
- Bring the rice to the boil (uncovered), then reduce the heat and cover.
- Allow the rice to cook for 10 minutes on a low heat until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the cardamom pods and the bay leaf and use a fork to fluff it up.
Steak Avocado Salad
Definitely one of my favorite things to date - I can't believe how simple and colorful this dish...
Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect...
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely the perfect dish for special occasions.