Turmeric Basmati Rice
By shahdan • May 24, 2015
Yellow turmeric rice is the perfect companion to all curry dishes! I also like to serve it with regular chicken, meat and fish dishes to add new colour and flavour to our table.
- 2 cup basmati rice - أرز بسمتي
- 4 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 large bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- 3 pod cardamom - حبهان
Step by step
- In a sieve, rinse the rice with cold water.
- Next, add the rice, 4 cups of boiling water (from the kettle), the salt, turmeric, cardamoms and bay leave in a pot.
- Bring the rice to the boil (uncovered), then reduce the heat and cover.
- Allow the rice to cook for 10 minutes on a low heat until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the cardamom pods and the bay leaf and use a fork to fluff it up.
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Fillets
الوصفه بالعربي This is the recipe you need for those super busy days. Toss the...
Authentic Neapolitan Italian Pizza
There is nothing quite as comforting as a home-baked treat that fills the house with heart-warming...
Balsamic Roasted Figs with Citrus Ricotta
This is one of those dishes that gets some people impressed from the sweetness combo with the...
Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right winter carb. We chose Fusilli for this dish because of its spiral/ textured shape which helps the pasta to better hold onto the sauce with its simple yet flavourful ingredients. Prepare it for a heartwarming dinner then take leftovers (if […]
Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something comforting about smashing the boiled unpeeled potatoes before roasting, and brushing them with the butter, garlic and herb mixture. They crisp up from the outside, while the inside stays soft and creamy, making it a delicious comfort food […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious ingredients such as bulgur, chickpeas, lentils, fresh tomatoes and oven-roasted onions, it still carries all the authentic and yummy koshary flavours without the extra carbs. Definitely a must-try if you love kohasry and are looking for a healthier recipe.