Turmeric Basmati Rice
By shahdan • May 24, 2015
Yellow turmeric rice is the perfect companion to all curry dishes! I also like to serve it with regular chicken, meat and fish dishes to add new colour and flavour to our table.
- 2 cup basmati rice - أرز بسمتي
- 4 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 large bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- 3 pod cardamom - حبهان
Step by step
- In a sieve, rinse the rice with cold water.
- Next, add the rice, 4 cups of boiling water (from the kettle), the salt, turmeric, cardamoms and bay leave in a pot.
- Bring the rice to the boil (uncovered), then reduce the heat and cover.
- Allow the rice to cook for 10 minutes on a low heat until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the cardamom pods and the bay leaf and use a fork to fluff it up.
Pomegranate Jallab with Silvered Almonds
Such a simple refreshing drink, this Pomegranate Jallab is a popular drink in Lebanon and...
Yummy Zucchini Carrot Fritters
These Zucchini Carrot Fritters are just so yummy. The kids love them and are ready to add them to...
Salmon with Cold Fresh Oriental Salsa
Inspired by the traditional fattoush, this out-of-the-box salmon dish is fresh, lemony and full of...
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious ingredients such as bulgur, chickpeas, lentils, fresh tomatoes and oven-roasted onions, it still carries all the authentic and yummy koshary flavours without the extra carbs. Definitely a must-try if you love kohasry and are looking for a healthier recipe.
If you find yourself cooking rice daily, you may want to try cooking freekeh instead. It is filling, full of nutritional benefits, and simply delicious. It will be the star of your every meal.
Spiced Rice with Beef & Spring Onions
If you love hearty & filling homemade dishes, you will adore this one-pot Spiced Rice with Beef and Spring Onions. The flavours are simply superior! The ingredient helping all the flavours pop, is the spring onion. Whether you choose to serve it as a side rice dish, or as a main dish (since its full of beef), […]
The egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally found the perfect one! Credit goes to a friend’s aunt who shared […]