Turmeric Basmati Rice
By shahdan • May 24, 2015
Yellow turmeric rice is the perfect companion to all curry dishes! I also like to serve it with regular chicken, meat and fish dishes to add new colour and flavour to our table.
- 2 cup basmati rice - أرز بسمتي
- 4 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 large bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- 3 pod cardamom - حبهان
Step by step
- In a sieve, rinse the rice with cold water.
- Next, add the rice, 4 cups of boiling water (from the kettle), the salt, turmeric, cardamoms and bay leave in a pot.
- Bring the rice to the boil (uncovered), then reduce the heat and cover.
- Allow the rice to cook for 10 minutes on a low heat until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the cardamom pods and the bay leaf and use a fork to fluff it up.
Zesty Fresh Spinach & Beetroot Salad
Vibrant, nutritious and full of bold textures and flavours... This salad will blow your mind away!...
Classic Egyptian Belila
Nothing beats a warm bowl of belila with coconut and nuts! The ultimate winter comfort...
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely the perfect dish for special occasions.
Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle
This Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle is the simplest way to the heart of a loved one. It impresses with its salmon flavor and creaminess, while it is quick and easy to prepare.
Rich Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
This rich & silky Tomato Pasta Sauce will be your new favorite pasta sauce. It is not just perfect for everyday but also great for large gatherings when you need a beautiful bowl of pasta. Cooked with ripe Egyptian tomatoes, and garnished with fresh green basil, flavorful Parmesan shaves & creamy Buffalo mozzarella, this pasta […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]