By CairoCooking • April 10, 2017
The traditional homemade Egyptian kofta is just so simple to prepare and always a winner on the lunch or dinner table. This recipe makes sure the kofta is moist from the inside with a bite to it. Make sure to buy the least fatty minced meat you can find. In all cases, you won’t need to add any fat to this dish. It’s great for the whole family as well as for sharing among friends as an appetizer with a tahini dip next to it.
- 1/2 kg minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1 small onion (minced) - بصلة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander - كزبرة
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- salt and pepper (generous) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 egg - بيضة
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Mince the onion and chop the parsley then mix them with the minced meat and the rest of the ingredients. Make sure all ingredients are well-combined.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Form the kofta dough into fingers or round kofta pieces and place them one inch apart on an oven tray or pyrex.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes making sure to flip them half way through to cook and brown thoroughly. Serve them warm next to tahini, salad and rice or baladi bread.
الوصفة بالعربي A traditional Palestinian feast on a plate... The flavours and aroma...
Salmon Ravioli en Papillotes
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Hassle-free and...
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater)...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]