By CairoCooking • April 10, 2017
The traditional homemade Egyptian kofta is just so simple to prepare and always a winner on the lunch or dinner table. This recipe makes sure the kofta is moist from the inside with a bite to it. Make sure to buy the least fatty minced meat you can find. In all cases, you won’t need to add any fat to this dish. It’s great for the whole family as well as for sharing among friends as an appetizer with a tahini dip next to it.
- 1/2 kg minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1 small onion (minced) - بصلة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander - كزبرة
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- salt and pepper (generous) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 egg - بيضة
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Mince the onion and chop the parsley then mix them with the minced meat and the rest of the ingredients. Make sure all ingredients are well-combined.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Form the kofta dough into fingers or round kofta pieces and place them one inch apart on an oven tray or pyrex.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes making sure to flip them half way through to cook and brown thoroughly. Serve them warm next to tahini, salad and rice or baladi bread.
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other? My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes. […]
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]