By CairoCooking • April 10, 2017
The traditional homemade Egyptian kofta is just so simple to prepare and always a winner on the lunch or dinner table. This recipe makes sure the kofta is moist from the inside with a bite to it. Make sure to buy the least fatty minced meat you can find. In all cases, you won’t need to add any fat to this dish. It’s great for the whole family as well as for sharing among friends as an appetizer with a tahini dip next to it.
- 1/2 kg minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1 small onion (minced) - بصلة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander - كزبرة
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- salt and pepper (generous) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 egg - بيضة
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Mince the onion and chop the parsley then mix them with the minced meat and the rest of the ingredients. Make sure all ingredients are well-combined.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Form the kofta dough into fingers or round kofta pieces and place them one inch apart on an oven tray or pyrex.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes making sure to flip them half way through to cook and brown thoroughly. Serve them warm next to tahini, salad and rice or baladi bread.
Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all...
Warm Spiced Pumpkin with White Chocolate Sauce
الوصفة بالعربي If you haven't tried this festive pumkin dessert, you are missing out!...
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
This Moussaka is irresistibly delicious, without the extra calories. The eggplants are oven-roasted not fried. This doesn’t take away from the taste, on the contrary, the eggplants are more flavourful and rich here. Because cooking moussaka is a lengthy process with many different components, I like to shortcut my way to this delicious dish using […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]