By CairoCooking • April 10, 2017
The traditional homemade Egyptian kofta is just so simple to prepare and always a winner on the lunch or dinner table. This recipe makes sure the kofta is moist from the inside with a bite to it. Make sure to buy the least fatty minced meat you can find. In all cases, you won’t need to add any fat to this dish. It’s great for the whole family as well as for sharing among friends as an appetizer with a tahini dip next to it.
- 1/2 kg minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1 small onion (minced) - بصلة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander - كزبرة
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- salt and pepper (generous) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 egg - بيضة
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Mince the onion and chop the parsley then mix them with the minced meat and the rest of the ingredients. Make sure all ingredients are well-combined.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Form the kofta dough into fingers or round kofta pieces and place them one inch apart on an oven tray or pyrex.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes making sure to flip them half way through to cook and brown thoroughly. Serve them warm next to tahini, salad and rice or baladi bread.
This Coconut Ashoura is pure happiness in a bowl. It is deliciously creamy, super nutritious, and...
Peanut Butter Chicken Fillets
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is inspired by an amazing dish we tried at a Latin...
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your new favourite chicken recipe. The flavours and the aroma are simply divine. This is comfort food at it’s best. THE MENU Feel-Good Artichoke Soup Mixed Bean Salad Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Vermicelli with Almonds Mini Konafa Cups
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious ingredients such as bulgur, chickpeas, lentils, fresh tomatoes and oven-roasted onions, it still carries all the authentic and yummy koshary flavours without the extra carbs. Definitely a must-try if you love kohasry and are looking for a healthier recipe.
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed hazelnuts. The herbs in most Dukka recipes are just a perfect pair to white fish while the nuts along with the sesame in the Dukka creates a light crust to the fish without covering it completely, keeping it moist and tender. You can […]