Simple Chicken Curry
By shahdan • May 4, 2018
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without any complicated ingredients. It is merely juicy chicken in rich flavourful sauce served over aromatic rice. This recipe also works well with shrimps (the fancy variation of the recipe when guests would visit).
This dish is definitely one of my childhood favourites.
- 4 medium chicken breast fillet (sliced into cubes) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 medium onion (finely sliced) - بصلة
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon curry - كاري
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 2 small cardamom - حبهان
- 2 medium bay leaves - ورق لاورا
- 1 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 500 ml water (2 cups) - ماء
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 4 tablespoon cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a semi-deep frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook chicken cubes on all sides until golden. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and cook sliced onion on medium/low heat until soft. Add garlic, curry and turmeric and cook for another minute.
- Stir in flour and let it cook for another minute before gradually adding water. Whisk as you add to avoid any lumps.
- Follow with tomato paste, bay leaves and cardamom pods and stir. Then return chicken cubes to the pan. Let it all simmer on low heat until sauce reaches a thick creamy consistency and chicken is cooked through.
- Adjust salt and pepper, add cream and serve with white or yellow rice.
Blondies (Golden Brownies)
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Who would have...
Walnut & Date Cake
Since It is the Eid season after Ramadan, I found everybody is running to do the traditional Eid...
Homemade Vanilla & Coconut Cake
Baking this gluten-free Vanilla & Coconut Cake is so easy, it'll become your new favourite...
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.