Simple Chicken Curry
By shahdan • May 4, 2018
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without any complicated ingredients. It is merely juicy chicken in rich flavourful sauce served over aromatic rice. This recipe also works well with shrimps (the fancy variation of the recipe when guests would visit).
This dish is definitely one of my childhood favourites.
- 4 medium chicken breast fillet (sliced into cubes) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 medium onion (finely sliced) - بصلة
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon curry - كاري
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 2 small cardamom - حبهان
- 2 medium bay leaves - ورق لاورا
- 1 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 500 ml water (2 cups) - ماء
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 4 tablespoon cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a semi-deep frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook chicken cubes on all sides until golden. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and cook sliced onion on medium/low heat until soft. Add garlic, curry and turmeric and cook for another minute.
- Stir in flour and let it cook for another minute before gradually adding water. Whisk as you add to avoid any lumps.
- Follow with tomato paste, bay leaves and cardamom pods and stir. Then return chicken cubes to the pan. Let it all simmer on low heat until sauce reaches a thick creamy consistency and chicken is cooked through.
- Adjust salt and pepper, add cream and serve with white or yellow rice.
Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich
The Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich is not only nutritious, but it is...
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a...
Thai Shrimp Curry
Easy, exotic, and heavenly... Cook this dish to wow your guests or to treat your loved ones with...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Indian Butter Chicken
The Indian Butter Chicken is a restaurant quality dish that you can eat in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely a family favourite, simply served with white rice. The fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, and ginger in the sauce make it not only mouthwatering but also wholesome.
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]