Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
By shahdan • September 29, 2016
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your favourite proteins like fish, chicken, meat, or turkey. When I find baby potatoes, I cut them in half, toss them with olive oil and herbs, and roast them until they’re nice and soft. Since these are not easily found in Egypt, I simmer regular potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes first to reduce their roasting time.
- 4 medium potatoes - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 sprig rosemary (leafs handtorn) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Boil water in the kettle. Wash the potatoes very well and leave them whole and unpeeled.
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with boiling water and let them simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Discard boiling water and wash potatoes with fresh water. (They should still be uncooked and quite firm). Slice them (without peeling) into bite-size cubes then place them in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, then add garlic, oregano, rosemary (without stem), salt and pepper. Carefully give the potatoes a quick toss and place them in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until soft and golden. For best results, make sure you don't overcrowd the baking dish and give them a stir every 15 minutes.
Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals...
Raw Chocolate Whoopies with Banana Coconut Filling
It's nice to find a kids chocolate recipe that is sugar-free and that they would enjoy. These...
Spinach & Carrot Brown Rice Medley
From 9 months. Like most leafy greens, most doctors allow spinach from 9 months. Spinach is a...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside with a tasty cheesy yet fresh taste. It is perfect as a side veggie dish for your everyday lunch as well as for big gatherings. This recipe serves 4-6. For bigger dinner parties, you will need to double the […]
Chicken & Broccoli Filo Pie
The chicken & broccoli filling to this filo pie is so delicious and heartwarming. The cheese melting between the soft broccoli and tender chicken along with the crispiness of the buttered filo provide you with the deliciousness and warmth you expect from a homemade pie! You can prepare it as a round or as a […]