Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
By shahdan • September 29, 2016
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your favourite proteins like fish, chicken, meat, or turkey. When I find baby potatoes, I cut them in half, toss them with olive oil and herbs, and roast them until they’re nice and soft. Since these are not easily found in Egypt, I simmer regular potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes first to reduce their roasting time.
- 4 medium potatoes - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 sprig rosemary (leafs handtorn) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Boil water in the kettle. Wash the potatoes very well and leave them whole and unpeeled.
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with boiling water and let them simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Discard boiling water and wash potatoes with fresh water. (They should still be uncooked and quite firm). Slice them (without peeling) into bite-size cubes then place them in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, then add garlic, oregano, rosemary (without stem), salt and pepper. Carefully give the potatoes a quick toss and place them in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until soft and golden. For best results, make sure you don't overcrowd the baking dish and give them a stir every 15 minutes.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes....
One famous childhood recipe... This is how my grandma used to serve artichokes. It makes a great...
There is no other name for it! No dictionary has been able to translate this succulent sweet...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]