Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
By shahdan • September 29, 2016
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your favourite proteins like fish, chicken, meat, or turkey. When I find baby potatoes, I cut them in half, toss them with olive oil and herbs, and roast them until they’re nice and soft. Since these are not easily found in Egypt, I simmer regular potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes first to reduce their roasting time.
- 4 medium potatoes - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 sprig rosemary (leafs handtorn) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Boil water in the kettle. Wash the potatoes very well and leave them whole and unpeeled.
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with boiling water and let them simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Discard boiling water and wash potatoes with fresh water. (They should still be uncooked and quite firm). Slice them (without peeling) into bite-size cubes then place them in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, then add garlic, oregano, rosemary (without stem), salt and pepper. Carefully give the potatoes a quick toss and place them in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until soft and golden. For best results, make sure you don't overcrowd the baking dish and give them a stir every 15 minutes.
Classic Egyptian Belila
Nothing beats a warm bowl of belila with coconut and nuts! The ultimate winter comfort...
Balsamic glaze is a thick balsamic vinegar reduction that is great for salads, grilled veggies,...
Zesty Fresh Spinach & Beetroot Salad
Vibrant, nutritious and full of bold textures and flavours... This salad will blow your mind away!...
Simple, delicious, and the perfect companion to any protein dish especially fish! With some simple ingredients, the simple zucchini is transferred into a succulent vegan and wholesome side dish in 20 minutes.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]