Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
By shahdan • January 25, 2016
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken stock, the rest is easy.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/3 cup orzo - لسان عصفور
- 1/4 cup celery (thinly sliced) - كرفس افرنجي
- 1 liter chicken broth/stock (4 cups) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn) - خضراوات مشكلة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- lime (to taste) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add orzo and lightly brown for a minute. Add celery and sauté with orzo for another 2 minutes.
- Add hot chicken broth and let it the soup simmer on low/medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, and let it continue to simmer on low heat until vegetables are cooked through and orzo is tender.
- Adjust salt and pepper. Add lime juice to taste. Serve hot with extra lime wedges on the side.
Delicious Low-Calorie Carrot Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Almost 390...
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried...
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Adding lentils to Tabboula, not only gives this classic salad a beautiful earthy flavour, but it also makes it filling and nutritious enough to be a complete vegan dish on its own, or delightful side dish served next to grilled protein.
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]
Comforting Potato Gratin – A Shortcut Recipe
This potato gratin is not just delicious, it can be ready in as short as 30 minutes! You need to thinly slice the potatoes (unpeeled and all) with a mandolin or with the knife setting of the food processor. Also, boiling the potatoes for 10 minutes in little water and steam helps it get cooked […]