Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
By shahdan • January 25, 2016
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken stock, the rest is easy.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/3 cup orzo - لسان عصفور
- 1/4 cup celery (thinly sliced) - كرفس افرنجي
- 1 liter chicken broth/stock (4 cups) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn) - خضراوات مشكلة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- lime (to taste) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add orzo and lightly brown for a minute. Add celery and sauté with orzo for another 2 minutes.
- Add hot chicken broth and let it the soup simmer on low/medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, and let it continue to simmer on low heat until vegetables are cooked through and orzo is tender.
- Adjust salt and pepper. Add lime juice to taste. Serve hot with extra lime wedges on the side.
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It's...
Paleo Chocolate Mousse
Paleo cooking refrains from processed sugars and gluten but doesn't compromise on good taste. This...
Everyday Mushroom Risotto
I used to get scared of risotto until I found my sister cooks it as a last minute dish when she was...
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any starch. The secret ingredient is zucchini. It gives the soup an unexpectedly smooth and thick consistency, eliminating the need for cream.
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]