Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
By shahdan • January 25, 2016
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken stock, the rest is easy.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/3 cup orzo - لسان عصفور
- 1/4 cup celery (thinly sliced) - كرفس افرنجي
- 1 liter chicken broth/stock (4 cups) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn) - خضراوات مشكلة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- lime (to taste) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add orzo and lightly brown for a minute. Add celery and sauté with orzo for another 2 minutes.
- Add hot chicken broth and let it the soup simmer on low/medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, and let it continue to simmer on low heat until vegetables are cooked through and orzo is tender.
- Adjust salt and pepper. Add lime juice to taste. Serve hot with extra lime wedges on the side.
Creamy Banana Almond Ice Cream
Peel and break the bananas into quarters and freeze for at least 12 hours before making this...
Artichoke & Lentil Salad
Full of colour, texture, and flavour, the Artichoke & Lentil Salad is the perfect way to eat...
Easy Vegan Tortilla Pizza
The tortilla pizza is such a fun lunchbox idea that will definitely please your kids. The...
Leek & Onion Soup
A heartwarming soup that must be prepared every winter in our household. It fits most menus because of its lightness, simplicity and goes well with any protein or carb dish. You can have it light without the toast but you defiantly treat yourself to a restaurant quality dish with some good melted cheese on toast.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]