By shahdan • April 28, 2016
My friend prepared these for a kids party and they were a big hit! Both, kids and grown ups, loved them. Pizza pinwheels are also perfect for lunchbox and on the go! My kids love them and they enjoy baking them with me.
This recipe yields 12 pieces.
- 1 pack puff pastry (400 gram) - عجينة الباف باستري
- 2 tablespoon flour (for dusting) - دقيق
- 2 small tomato - طماطم
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 1 cup cheese (grated mozzarella and cheddar) - جبن
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 small egg - بيضة
- 1 handful basil - ريحان
Step by step
- Before you start, make sure the puff pastry is fully defrosted. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the pizza sauce, chop tomatoes and blend them in a small food processor with the tomato paste until you reach a thick pizza sauce consistency. Set aside.
- Lightly dust your working surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll out puff pastry into a rectangle shape (about 35x25 cm). The shape does not need to be perfect.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough (leaving 1cm borders clean). Don't use all the pizza sauce if you feel it is more than you need.
- Sprinkle the cheese and the oregano over the tomato sauce.
- Place the pizza vertically towards you, and roll up the dough from one end as tight as you can. For best results, cover and leave in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dough into two, then slice each half into two so you end up with four equal-sized rolls. Cut each into three circles to have a total of 12 identical pinwheels.
- Arrange pinwheels on baking tray circle down making sure there is enough space between them. In a small bowl, beat the egg, and lightly brush the surfaces of pinwheels with eggs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Let the baked pizza pinwheels cool for a few minutes, then arrange them on a serving dish and garnish with fresh basil.
No-Bake Mac & Cheese
This is a quick and easy No-Bake Mac & Cheese that my kids love and ask for, especially during...
Basterma Green Salad
This salad will definitely go on your favorites list if you are a basterma fan. I served it once...
Easter Greek Brioche
When Sham ElNesseem is coming our way, all I can think of is the smell of my grandmother's Easter...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]