Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 14, 2016
The earthy flavour of lentils, the creaminess of goat cheese, and the sweetness of sun-dried tomatoes make this Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes simply irresistible. Serve it next to your favourite protein, eat it on its own on your lunch break, or keep it in your fridge for a filling nightly craving.
Recipe by Shewekar Elgharably from her article with www.cairocooking.com
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 8 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (thinly sliced) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 handful dill (finely chopped) - شبت
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 50 gram goat cheese (cut into small cubes) - جبن الماعز
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper (preferably sea salt) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Soak sliced red onion in vinegar for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Boil washed lentils in 2 cups of water until soft. Drain lentils, discard water and set aside to cool down.
- When it cools, stir in the onion with the vinegar. Add cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil, and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and dill and crumble the goat cheese on top.
Creamy North Indian Fish Curry
Enjoy the exotic spices in this wonderful fish curry dish brought to you straight from India. You...
A sweet and juicy bread base is covered with a thick layer of creamy milk pudding, flavoured with...
My friend prepared these for a kids party and they were a big hit! Both, kids and grown ups, loved...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]