Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 14, 2016
The earthy flavour of lentils, the creaminess of goat cheese, and the sweetness of sun-dried tomatoes make this Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes simply irresistible. Serve it next to your favourite protein, eat it on its own on your lunch break, or keep it in your fridge for a filling nightly craving.
Recipe by Shewekar Elgharably from her article with www.cairocooking.com
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 8 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (thinly sliced) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 handful dill (finely chopped) - شبت
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 50 gram goat cheese (cut into small cubes) - جبن الماعز
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper (preferably sea salt) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Soak sliced red onion in vinegar for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Boil washed lentils in 2 cups of water until soft. Drain lentils, discard water and set aside to cool down.
- When it cools, stir in the onion with the vinegar. Add cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil, and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and dill and crumble the goat cheese on top.
Traditional Kolkas with Green Herbs
I can't imagine any Egyptian growing up not eating Kolkas! Even my husband, who was never a fan of...
Roast Chicken with Lime & Herbs
الوصفه بالعربي When it comes to chicken, the combination of lime, thyme and rosemary...
Yummy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Egyptian farmers are now growing all these new vegetables and greens that were earlier either...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]