Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 14, 2016
The earthy flavour of lentils, the creaminess of goat cheese, and the sweetness of sun-dried tomatoes make this Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes simply irresistible. Serve it next to your favourite protein, eat it on its own on your lunch break, or keep it in your fridge for a filling nightly craving.
Recipe by Shewekar Elgharably from her article with www.cairocooking.com
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 8 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (thinly sliced) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 handful dill (finely chopped) - شبت
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 50 gram goat cheese (cut into small cubes) - جبن الماعز
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper (preferably sea salt) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Soak sliced red onion in vinegar for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Boil washed lentils in 2 cups of water until soft. Drain lentils, discard water and set aside to cool down.
- When it cools, stir in the onion with the vinegar. Add cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil, and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and dill and crumble the goat cheese on top.
Yummy Zucchini Carrot Fritters
These Zucchini Carrot Fritters are just so yummy. The kids love them and are ready to add them to...
Winter-Warming Roasted Chestnuts
You know that cold winter night when you just need to cuddle on the sofa and nibble at something?...
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Not just an incredible dip and appetiser, this hummus is great for kids not just with a sweetness...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]