Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 14, 2016
- The earthy flavour of lentils, the creaminess of goat cheese, and the sweetness of sun-dried tomatoes make this Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes simply irresistible. Serve it with your favourite protein, eat it on its own on your lunch break, or keep it in your fridge for a filling nightly craving.
Recipe by Shewekar Elgharably from her article with www.cairocooking.com
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 1 handful parsley - chopped - بقدونس
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes - halved - طماطم تشيري
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes - طماطم مجففة
- 1 medium onion - thin sliced - بصلة
- 1 handful chives (green part of the spring onion) - ورق بصل
- 1 handful dill - شبت
- 50 gram goat cheese - جبن الماعز
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch salt (preferably sea salt) - ملح
Step by step
- Soak onion in the vinegar and sea salt.
- Boil lentils in 2 cups of water until soft. Drain lentils, discard water and leave to cool down.
- When it cools, stir in the onion with the vinegar, add olive oil and dill, chives, cherry tomatoes, parsley, and sundried tomatoes.
- Crumble the goat cheese on top and serve.
Chicken Avocado Sandwich
Whether it's your child's packed lunch or your own, make sure it's healthy and wholesome! It is...
Traditional Dessert Sugar Syrup
This syrup is the main sweetener of most if not all Oriental desserts. You can prepare it in...
No-Fuss Green Juice
You need a slow juicer for this recipe - or you can use a strong blender and add half cup of...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]