Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 14, 2016
The earthy flavour of lentils, the creaminess of goat cheese, and the sweetness of sun-dried tomatoes make this Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes simply irresistible. Serve it next to your favourite protein, eat it on its own on your lunch break, or keep it in your fridge for a filling nightly craving.
Recipe by Shewekar Elgharably from her article with www.cairocooking.com
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 8 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (thinly sliced) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 handful dill (finely chopped) - شبت
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 50 gram goat cheese (cut into small cubes) - جبن الماعز
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper (preferably sea salt) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Soak sliced red onion in vinegar for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Boil washed lentils in 2 cups of water until soft. Drain lentils, discard water and set aside to cool down.
- When it cools, stir in the onion with the vinegar. Add cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil, and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and dill and crumble the goat cheese on top.
Cucumber & Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new...
Easter Greek Brioche
When Sham ElNesseem is coming our way, all I can think of is the smell of my grandmother's Easter...
No-Fuss Green Juice
You need a slow juicer for this recipe - or you can use a strong blender and add half cup of...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.