Baked Sweet Potato Fish Pie
By yasmine • May 20, 2016
From 9 months.
My kids started eating fish at 8 and 9 months but every doctor has a different theory on fish, especially that some kids are allergic. Most importantly, fish must be peeled and deboned properly.
This recipe makes sure your toddler enjoys eating this nutritious protein – along with safe and filling root veggies. You can add other veggies like green beans and peas (recommended after 12 months) as well as zucchini and mushrooms. The dish is creamy, and yummy and can be shared with older kids next to some brown or white rice.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 250 gram bass fish (deboned & cut into bite-size cubes) - سمك قاروس
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled & diced) - بطاطا
- 1 small potatoes - بطاطس
- 1 carrot (peeled & diced) - جزرة
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1/2 cup cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- 1 tablespoon oregano (minced) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- salt and pepper (for toddlers over 12 months) - ملح و فلفل
- 1.5-2 cup full cream milk (enough to cover the cubed veggies) - لبن كامل الدسم
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Make sure the fish is cleaned and properly deboned.
- Peel and cut all veggies into toddler-bite-size cubes.
- In a medium pot, heat milk while stirring in flour. As it the flour dissolves and the milk starts sizzling, lower heat and add diced sweet potatoes, potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle nutmeg, salt and pepper (if using any) and cover partially.
- After 15 minutes, add fish cubes and let it simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Tip the mix into a small oven pan or pyrex. Drizzle cooking cream on top (if using any) and sprinkle oregano. Place it in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until top is slightly golden and all veggies are cooked through. Let it cool for a couple of minutes before serving to your toddler. You can also mash each serving with couple of tablespoons of rice for a full meal.
Homemade Vanilla & Coconut Cake
Baking this gluten-free Vanilla & Coconut Cake is so easy, it'll become your new favourite...
Easy Shrimp Curry
Recipe in Arabicالجمبرى بالكارى This shrimp curry is not only flavoursome...
Crunchy French Fries with a Kick
With little twists like soaking in vinegar and seasoning with paprika, these traditional fries are...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]