Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne
By Dina Hamdi • February 25, 2019
This Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne is known as Lasagnes Aux Deux Saumons in its native, France.
Recipe is by Dina Hamdi.
This Lasagnes Aux Deux Saumons recipe has been on my to-do-list for a very long time! My inspiration for this recipe was the same dish I tried back in Paris in a restaurant called Pizza Pino.
This lasagne is heart warming. It contains two different types of salmon; fresh and smoked with caramelized onions soaked in a super creamy sauce that combines béchamel with carbonara sauce.
- 2 1/2 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 liter milk - لبن
- 2 tablespoon oil - زيت
- 1 whole onion (diced) - بصلة
- 400 gram salmon (fresh and cut in cubes) - سمك السلمون
- 3 slice smoked salmon - سمك السلمون المدخن
- 1 liter cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 4 egg yolks - صفار البيض
- 100 gram parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 pack lasagne - لازانيا
- 4 teaspoon salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Off the heat, mix the flour with the milk in a medium bowl gradually until smooth.
- Place the milk mixture in a pan on medium heat and keep on whisking. Then add cooking cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and set aside to completely cool down.
- In another pan, heat oil on medium heat and saute diced onion. Keep on stirring until it turns to dark golden color.
- Add the fresh salmon cubes for a few minutes then add the smoked salmon.
- After the béchamel sauce is completely cool, add the 4 egg yolks, and whisk.
- In a large baking dish, poor some béchamel sauce and spread it at the bottom. Arrange the lasagne (uncooked) sheets, then the salmon stuffing on top. Add half the Parmesan cheese to the rest of the béchamel sauce then spread a layer and repeat with the lasagne sheets and stuffing. Pour the rest of the Béchamel sauce and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 180*C. Serve hot.
Cheesecake in a Cup
الوصفه بالعربي Dessert can never be this simple yet so heavenly! Every time I made...
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your...
Roast Chicken with Lime & Herbs
الوصفه بالعربي When it comes to chicken, the combination of lime, thyme and rosemary...
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely the perfect dish for special occasions.