Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne
By Dina Hamdi • February 25, 2019
This Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne is known as Lasagnes Aux Deux Saumons in its native, France.
Recipe is by Dina Hamdi.
This Lasagnes Aux Deux Saumons recipe has been on my to-do-list for a very long time! My inspiration for this recipe was the same dish I tried back in Paris in a restaurant called Pizza Pino.
This lasagne is heart warming. It contains two different types of salmon; fresh and smoked with caramelized onions soaked in a super creamy sauce that combines béchamel with carbonara sauce.
- 2 1/2 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 liter milk - لبن
- 2 tablespoon oil - زيت
- 1 whole onion (diced) - بصلة
- 400 gram salmon (fresh and cut in cubes) - سمك السلمون
- 3 slice smoked salmon - سمك السلمون المدخن
- 1 liter cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 4 egg yolks - صفار البيض
- 100 gram parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 pack lasagne - لازانيا
- 4 teaspoon salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Off the heat, mix the flour with the milk in a medium bowl gradually until smooth.
- Place the milk mixture in a pan on medium heat and keep on whisking. Then add cooking cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and set aside to completely cool down.
- In another pan, heat oil on medium heat and saute diced onion. Keep on stirring until it turns to dark golden color.
- Add the fresh salmon cubes for a few minutes then add the smoked salmon.
- After the béchamel sauce is completely cool, add the 4 egg yolks, and whisk.
- In a large baking dish, poor some béchamel sauce and spread it at the bottom. Arrange the lasagne (uncooked) sheets, then the salmon stuffing on top. Add half the Parmesan cheese to the rest of the béchamel sauce then spread a layer and repeat with the lasagne sheets and stuffing. Pour the rest of the Béchamel sauce and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 180*C. Serve hot.
Frozen Banana Cream with Cranberries
Just before your bananas turn black from the heat - peel them, slice them and place them in a...
Kitchari is India's detox meal. The classic recipe is cooked with rice. In this recipe, rice is...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
Rich Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
This rich & silky Tomato Pasta Sauce will be your new favorite pasta sauce. It is not just perfect for everyday but also great for large gatherings when you need a beautiful bowl of pasta. Cooked with ripe Egyptian tomatoes, and garnished with fresh green basil, flavorful Parmesan shaves & creamy Buffalo mozzarella, this pasta […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]