Light Chicken Fatta
By shahdan • May 12, 2019
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock.
This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all the broth and daily soup preparations.
You will need to double the recipe for a large gathering.
- 2 shamy bread large - خبز شامي
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium chicken breast (2 cooked breasts on bones from boiled chicken) - صدور دجاج
- 3 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 medium tomatoes (grated) - طماطم
- 3 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/2 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- For the yoghurt topping:
- 400 gram yoghurt - زبادي
- 2 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 2 small garlic - ثوم
- To garnish:
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 tablespoon nuts (favourite nut roasted in oven or dry pan until golden and fragrant) - مكسرات
Step by step
- Use scissors to slice bread into rectangles. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake in 180C oven for about 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Debone and slice two boiled chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Season generously with salt and pepper. Keep warm, preferably in some of its warm stock.
- In a bowl, mix the yoghurt with tahini, minced garlic and salt. Set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a pan. Add minced garlic. Sauté garlic for a minute on low heat, then add the grated tomatoes.
- Let the tomatoes cook with the garlic for a couple of minute then add the vinegar, followed by the stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place the bread on a serving plate. Arrange warm chicken on top. Use a spoon to drizzle hot tomato sauce over the chicken and bread then add the yoghurt.
- Garnish with parsley and roasted nuts and serve immediately. You can also keep the assembled dish (without the yoghurt) warm for a couple of minutes in a pre-heated (but turned off) oven.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh...
Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty,...
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
The house will smell divine while these filling, super healthy and extremely delicious Sweet...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]