Fennel & Pomegranate Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad is such a simple salad full of nutrition for the whole family and still appetizing and suitable for any gathering.
- 2 fennel bulbs (cored & thinly sliced) - شمر او فونوكيا
- 2 red onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أحمر
- 1 handful mint - نعناع
- 1 cup arugula (OR baby spinach) - جرجير
- 1 handful parsley - بقدونس
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- ¾ cup feta cheese (crumbled) - جبنه فيتا
- ½ cup walnut (toasted) - عين جمل / جوز
- 1 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 teaspoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix all greens, cut fennel and sliced red onions together and serve in a large bowl.
- For the dressing: whisk minced garlic and dried mint with lime juice, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, sumac, salt and pepper. Shake well & drizzle over the salad.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, crumbled feta cheese & toasted walnuts.
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled...
Salmon with Cold Fresh Oriental Salsa
Inspired by the traditional fattoush, this out-of-the-box salmon dish is fresh, lemony and full of...
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]