Fennel & Pomegranate Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Such a simple salad full of nutrition for the whole family and still appetizing and suitable for any gathering.
- 2 fennel bulbs (cored & thinly sliced) - شمر او فونوكيا
- 2 shallots (or red onions - thinly sliced) - بصل أحمر صغير
- 1 handful mint - نعناع
- 1 cup arugula (OR baby spinach) - جرجير
- 1 handful parsley - بقدونس
- ¾ cup pomegranate - رمان
- ¾ cup goat cheese (or feta cheese - crumbled - optional) - جبن الماعز
- ½ cup pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 lemon juice (or 3 limes) - عصير ليمون
- 2 teaspoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix all greens, fennel and shallots together and serve in a large bowl.
- Mix garlic, dried mint, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, sumac, salt and pepper. Shake well & drizzle over the salad.
- Top with pomegranate & feta & finally sprinkle your toasted pine nuts.
Tomatoey Pasta Sauce With Lots of Greens
This is the grown up version of the kids healthy tomato pasta sauce - with added fresh spinach and...
Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all...
Mixed Bean Salad
The Mixed Bean Salad is perfect for everyday and large gatherings espeically summer barbecues....
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]