Fennel & Pomegranate Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Such a simple salad full of nutrition for the whole family and still appetizing and suitable for any gathering.
- 2 fennel bulbs (cored & thinly sliced) - شمر او فونوكيا
- 2 shallots (or red onions - thinly sliced) - بصل أحمر صغير
- 1 handful mint - نعناع
- 1 cup arugula (OR baby spinach) - جرجير
- 1 handful parsley - بقدونس
- ¾ cup pomegranate - رمان
- ¾ cup goat cheese (or feta cheese - crumbled - optional) - جبن الماعز
- ½ cup pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 lemon juice (or 3 limes) - عصير ليمون
- 2 teaspoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix all greens, fennel and shallots together and serve in a large bowl.
- Mix garlic, dried mint, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, sumac, salt and pepper. Shake well & drizzle over the salad.
- Top with pomegranate & feta & finally sprinkle your toasted pine nuts.
Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your...
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Roasted Thyme Chicken & Potatoes
الوصفة بالعربي Another popular Egyptian classic... A rustic oven dish with one whole...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!