Fennel & Pomegranate Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad is such a simple salad full of nutrition for the whole family and still appetizing and suitable for any gathering.
- 2 fennel bulbs (cored & thinly sliced) - شمر او فونوكيا
- 2 red onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أحمر
- 1 handful mint - نعناع
- 1 cup arugula (OR baby spinach) - جرجير
- 1 handful parsley - بقدونس
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- ¾ cup feta cheese (crumbled) - جبنه فيتا
- ½ cup walnut (toasted) - عين جمل / جوز
- 1 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 teaspoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix all greens, cut fennel and sliced red onions together and serve in a large bowl.
- For the dressing: whisk minced garlic and dried mint with lime juice, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, sumac, salt and pepper. Shake well & drizzle over the salad.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, crumbled feta cheese & toasted walnuts.
It's healthy and not loaded with sugar like the store-bought stuff! It's good to keep at home for...
Homemade Fresh Fish Stock
Fish broth is easy and quick to make with ingredients available in your household. It will go into...
Beetroot & Mint Dip
Beetroot & mint are a match made in heaven! This hearty Beetroot & Mint dip is sweet,...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]