Spring Vegetable Frittata
By shahdan • April 15, 2016
When you are bored of the daily cooking, Frittata is the answer. It is an Italian omelette that is first cooked on the stove then finished off in the oven. Unlike the famous Egyptian Egga, Frittata does not have any flour in it.
It is easy to prepare yet wholesome and delicious. You can play around with it and add your favourite veggies.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 sprig spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 medium zucchini (sliced into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler) - كوسة
- 2 medium tomatoes (deseeded & sliced) - طماطم
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 6 medium eggs - بيض
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat oil in an oven-proof pan (about 20cm diameter) and sauté spring onions and zucchini ribbons for 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauté for another 2 minutes, followed by parsley, spinach, salt and pepper and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add beaten eggs. Lower heat for 4 minutes until eggs base is slightly cooked.
- Carefully place the pan in the oven. Let it bake for 10 minutes until eggs are puffed and cooked through.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before you move it to the serving plate. Garnish with some more greens. Serve immediately.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Here is a healthy low calorie, gluten free breakfast recipe! A recipe by Maha...
No-Fuss Green Juice
You need a slow juicer for this recipe - or you can use a strong blender and add half cup of...
Blondies (Golden Brownies)
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Who would have...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]