Spring Vegetable Frittata
By shahdan • April 15, 2016
When you are bored of the daily cooking, Frittata is the answer. It is an Italian omelette that is first cooked on the stove then finished off in the oven. Unlike the famous Egyptian Egga, Frittata does not have any flour in it.
It is easy to prepare yet wholesome and delicious. You can play around with it and add your favourite veggies.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 sprig spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 medium zucchini (sliced into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler) - كوسة
- 2 medium tomatoes (deseeded & sliced) - طماطم
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 6 medium eggs - بيض
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat oil in an oven-proof pan (about 20cm diameter) and sauté spring onions and zucchini ribbons for 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauté for another 2 minutes, followed by parsley, spinach, salt and pepper and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add beaten eggs. Lower heat for 4 minutes until eggs base is slightly cooked.
- Carefully place the pan in the oven. Let it bake for 10 minutes until eggs are puffed and cooked through.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before you move it to the serving plate. Garnish with some more greens. Serve immediately.
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for....
Butter & Garlic Carrot Bites
From 12 months. The best solution to help toddlers (from 1 year) feed themselves is to provide...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]