Creamy Avocado Hummus
By shahdan • June 13, 2017
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new favourite crowd pleaser, as well as an everyday guilt-free dip for those late-night cravings.
- 1 can chickpeas (OR 1 cup cooked chickpeas) - حمص
- 1/2 medium avocado (ripe) - أفوكادو
- 1.5 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 small lime (OR to taste) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 6 tablespoon water - ماء
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (to garnish) - صنوبر
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 pinch paprika (to garnish) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
Step by step
- Drain chickpeas and rinse with fresh water.
- Place chickpeas in a food processor along with avocado, tahini, parsley, lime juice, garlic, water, salt and pepper. Blend until you achieve a creamy consistency and all ingredients are well combined. You may add an extra couple of tablespoons of water if needed.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Serve in a small bowl and use the back of a tablespoon to create a deep swirl in the hummus for the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts, add a drizzle olive oil and a pinch of paprika. Serve with vegetable sticks and your favorite bread.
Avocado Caprese Salad
Colourful and super-tasty, this Caprese is served differently to cater for bigger crowds. In this...
Cinnamon & Chili Spiced Hot Chocolate
This is such an intense cup of hot chocolate! With its special spice mix, it has a deep yet...
Baby Spinach & Mozzarella Salad
Great for entertaining, this salad was created when I decided we need to eat these two beautiful...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]