Creamy Avocado Hummus
By shahdan • June 13, 2017
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new favourite crowd pleaser, as well as an everyday guilt-free dip for those late-night cravings.
- 1 can chickpeas (OR 1 cup cooked chickpeas) - حمص
- 1/2 medium avocado (ripe) - أفوكادو
- 1.5 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 small lime (OR to taste) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 6 tablespoon water - ماء
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (to garnish) - صنوبر
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 pinch paprika (to garnish) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
Step by step
- Drain chickpeas and rinse with fresh water.
- Place chickpeas in a food processor along with avocado, tahini, parsley, lime juice, garlic, water, salt and pepper. Blend until you achieve a creamy consistency and all ingredients are well combined. You may add an extra couple of tablespoons of water if needed.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Serve in a small bowl and use the back of a tablespoon to create a deep swirl in the hummus for the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts, add a drizzle olive oil and a pinch of paprika. Serve with vegetable sticks and your favorite bread.
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Banana Peanut Butter Rolls
My son liked to dip bananas in peanut butter for breakfast, and one day he wanted to take to...
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.