Creamy Avocado Hummus
By shahdan • June 13, 2017
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new favourite crowd pleaser, as well as an everyday guilt-free dip for those late-night cravings.
- 1 can chickpeas (OR 1 cup cooked chickpeas) - حمص
- 1/2 medium avocado (ripe) - أفوكادو
- 1.5 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 small lime (OR to taste) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 6 tablespoon water - ماء
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (to garnish) - صنوبر
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 pinch paprika (to garnish) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
Step by step
- Drain chickpeas and rinse with fresh water.
- Place chickpeas in a food processor along with avocado, tahini, parsley, lime juice, garlic, water, salt and pepper. Blend until you achieve a creamy consistency and all ingredients are well combined. You may add an extra couple of tablespoons of water if needed.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Serve in a small bowl and use the back of a tablespoon to create a deep swirl in the hummus for the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts, add a drizzle olive oil and a pinch of paprika. Serve with vegetable sticks and your favorite bread.
Goop’s Broccoli & Arugula Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This is an original Goop detox recipe that I used to prepare for...
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.