Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
By shahdan • October 2, 2015
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a luscious creamy dill and lemon sauce. It’s time to dig in!
- 4 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 2 cup half cream milk - لبن نصف دسم
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1/2 cup cooking cream (could be replaced with an extra 1/2 cup milk) - كريم الطهي
- 1 large lemon (or replace with zest of two limes) - ليمون
- 2 teaspoon dill (thinly sliced) - شبت
- 1 cup broccoli (florets) - بروكلى
- to taste salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 500 gram tagliatelle - مكرونة تلياتلي
Step by step
- In a pot, heat the milk until warm, then add the salmon fillet pieces. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and leave to poach on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until the fish is pink and cooked.
- Carefully remove the fish from the milk and set aside.
- In a separate pot, melt the butter then stir in the flour and mix. Pour in the salmon infused milk and whisk constantly until the milk thickens to the consistency of white pasta sauce.
- Stir in the cream for added richness, then add the finely chopped dill and the zest of one lemon. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Follow the pasta bag instructions to cook the pasta until al dente. Five minutes before the pasta is ready, drop the broccoli florets to cook with the pasta, then drain the water.
- To serve, divide the pasta and broccoli florets on 4 plates, and add one salmon fillet on top of each. Cover generously with dill lemon sauce and garnish with fresh dill.
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best...
Homemade Roast Beef Toasties
The key to preparing these healthy kid-friendly lunchbox toasties, is to use a cucumber peeler to...
Tomatoey Pasta Sauce With Lots of Greens
This is the grown up version of the kids healthy tomato pasta sauce - with added fresh spinach and...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]