Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
By shahdan • October 2, 2015
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a luscious creamy dill and lemon sauce. It’s time to dig in!
- 4 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 2 cup half cream milk - لبن نصف دسم
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1/2 cup cooking cream (could be replaced with an extra 1/2 cup milk) - كريم الطهي
- 1 large lemon (or replace with zest of two limes) - ليمون
- 2 teaspoon dill (thinly sliced) - شبت
- 1 cup broccoli (florets) - بروكلى
- to taste salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 500 gram tagliatelle - مكرونة تلياتلي
Step by step
- In a pot, heat the milk until warm, then add the salmon fillet pieces. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and leave to poach on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until the fish is pink and cooked.
- Carefully remove the fish from the milk and set aside.
- In a separate pot, melt the butter then stir in the flour and mix. Pour in the salmon infused milk and whisk constantly until the milk thickens to the consistency of white pasta sauce.
- Stir in the cream for added richness, then add the finely chopped dill and the zest of one lemon. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Follow the pasta bag instructions to cook the pasta until al dente. Five minutes before the pasta is ready, drop the broccoli florets to cook with the pasta, then drain the water.
- To serve, divide the pasta and broccoli florets on 4 plates, and add one salmon fillet on top of each. Cover generously with dill lemon sauce and garnish with fresh dill.
No-Bake Cheese Cake
This is a simple classic no-bake cheese cake with a strawberry jam...
Thai Pumpkin Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This Thai Pumpkin Soup is delicious with depth of Asian flavors from...
Goop’s Broccoli & Arugula Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This is an original Goop detox recipe that I used to prepare for...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dish is creamy and filling served next to rice. You can also shred the finished chicken and serve it along with its creamy sauce over cooked pasta. Your family and friends will definitely enjoy this […]