Easy Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce
By shahdan • May 7, 2015
This Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce is a great option when you don’t have much time to spare in the kitchen. It cooks really quickly and it gives you the most delicious protein dishes with no hassle at all. This super easy recipe is perfect for beginners and newly weds who strive to put yummy food on the table, but are still struggling in the kitchen.
- 750 gram veal (fillet) - لحم بتلو
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (for flavour) - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard (for the grainy texture) - مستردة ديجون بالحبوب
- 200 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch black pepper (freshly cracked) - فلفل أسود
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
Step by step
- Rub the fillet with freshly cracked black pepper and olive oil.
- Heat the skillet. Cook the veal fillet, uncovered, for about 3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned and cooked as desired.
- Stir in the cream with the fillet, add the mustard, and heat gently for a few minutes, while scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to loosen all those brown bits stuck to the skillet. This will enrich the sauce with all the meat juices and caramelized bits.
- Adjust salt and pepper as desired and serve! You may also like to add extra Dijon mustard for a stronger taste.
- Serve immediately
No-Mayo Pasta Salad
Colourful and nutritious, this salad is a joyful meal in a lunch box. With 3 different colours...
Butter & Garlic Carrot Bites
From 12 months. The best solution to help toddlers (from 1 year) feed themselves is to provide...
Meat Cubes with Carrots & Potatoes
Kabab Halla or meat cubes cooked with carrots and potatoes is such an ancient dish in our family....
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without any complicated ingredients. It is merely juicy chicken in rich flavourful sauce served over aromatic rice. This recipe also works well with shrimps (the fancy variation of the recipe when guests would visit). This dish is […]