Easy Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce
By shahdan • May 7, 2015
This Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce is a great option when you don’t have much time to spare in the kitchen. It cooks really quickly and it gives you the most delicious protein dishes with no hassle at all. This super easy recipe is perfect for beginners and newly weds who strive to put yummy food on the table, but are still struggling in the kitchen.
- 750 gram veal (fillet) - لحم بتلو
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (for flavour) - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard (for the grainy texture) - مستردة ديجون بالحبوب
- 200 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch black pepper (freshly cracked) - فلفل أسود
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
Step by step
- Rub the fillet with freshly cracked black pepper and olive oil.
- Heat the skillet. Cook the veal fillet, uncovered, for about 3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned and cooked as desired.
- Stir in the cream with the fillet, add the mustard, and heat gently for a few minutes, while scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to loosen all those brown bits stuck to the skillet. This will enrich the sauce with all the meat juices and caramelized bits.
- Adjust salt and pepper as desired and serve! You may also like to add extra Dijon mustard for a stronger taste.
- Serve immediately
Baby Banana Ice Cream
From 12 months. Not just because of dairy, but also because extra cold contents are not as easy to...
Creamy North Indian Fish Curry
Enjoy the exotic spices in this wonderful fish curry dish brought to you straight from India. You...
Delicious Low-Calorie Carrot Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Almost 390...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]