Easy Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce
By shahdan • May 7, 2015
This Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce is a great option when you don’t have much time to spare in the kitchen. It cooks really quickly and it gives you the most delicious protein dishes with no hassle at all. This super easy recipe is perfect for beginners and newly weds who strive to put yummy food on the table, but are still struggling in the kitchen.
- 750 gram veal (fillet) - لحم بتلو
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (for flavour) - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard (for the grainy texture) - مستردة ديجون بالحبوب
- 200 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch black pepper (freshly cracked) - فلفل أسود
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
Step by step
- Rub the fillet with freshly cracked black pepper and olive oil.
- Heat the skillet. Cook the veal fillet, uncovered, for about 3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned and cooked as desired.
- Stir in the cream with the fillet, add the mustard, and heat gently for a few minutes, while scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to loosen all those brown bits stuck to the skillet. This will enrich the sauce with all the meat juices and caramelized bits.
- Adjust salt and pepper as desired and serve! You may also like to add extra Dijon mustard for a stronger taste.
- Serve immediately
Sweet Potato in Coconut Cream
From 7 months. Although, allergic reactions to coconut are very rare (according to the Food...
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your...
Baked Kobeba Tray
This baked Kobeba tray recipe is a yummy Lebanese speciality made simple at home. Instead of...
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Oven-Baked Fish with Potatoes
الوصفة بالعربي The beauty of this homemade oven-baked fish lies in its simplicity. Unlike most ready-cooked fish dishes in Egypt that use many herbs and spices, this marinade is very basic which allows you to enjoy the pure and delicious taste of white fish meat. I am using sea bream fish (دنيس), yet you can […]