Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Fresh Basil
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
Heavy but heavenly… I love the beautiful earthy flavor that mushrooms add to a simple pasta dish, and adding a little lemon zest at the end adds an extra kick to an all-time favourite.
- 250 gram mushrooms - عش الغراب
- 500 ml vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 4 large garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 1/2 cup basil - fresh - ريحان
- 1 large lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 200 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 tablespoon flour (dissolved in little water) - دقيق
- 500 gram pasta - معكرونة
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese - freshly grated - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - or to taste - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Clean the mushrooms by wiping one by one with a clean wet/damp towel or paper towel. Don’t rinse with water because mushrooms soak up the water like a sponge.
- Slice the mushrooms into thin slices.
- In a big pan, heat the olive oil, and sauté the mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic, season with black pepper and thyme, and sauté further until the mushrooms have softened a little (about 5 minutes).
- Add the stock and boil for 10 minutes uncovered until it has reduced a little.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente (follow the instructions on the pasta bag). Do not rinse pasta with water. Just drain.
- Add the cooking cream to the mushroom and stock, followed by the flour dissolved in ¼ cup of water (make sure there are no lumps) and leave to simmer on a medium heat until you have reached the desired thickness of the sauce.
- Add a bunch of fresh basil and adjust seasoning.
- Mix pasta and sauce together, garnish with fresh basil and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and zest of one lemon.
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried...
Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Transform everyday ingredients such as chicken, carrots and broccoli into an elegant and super...
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]