Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Fresh Basil
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
Heavy but heavenly… I love the beautiful earthy flavor that mushrooms add to a simple pasta dish, and adding a little lemon zest at the end adds an extra kick to an all-time favourite.
- 250 gram mushrooms - عش الغراب
- 500 ml vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 4 large garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 1/2 cup basil - fresh - ريحان
- 1 large lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 200 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 tablespoon flour (dissolved in little water) - دقيق
- 500 gram pasta - معكرونة
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese - freshly grated - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - or to taste - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Clean the mushrooms by wiping one by one with a clean wet/damp towel or paper towel. Don’t rinse with water because mushrooms soak up the water like a sponge.
- Slice the mushrooms into thin slices.
- In a big pan, heat the olive oil, and sauté the mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic, season with black pepper and thyme, and sauté further until the mushrooms have softened a little (about 5 minutes).
- Add the stock and boil for 10 minutes uncovered until it has reduced a little.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente (follow the instructions on the pasta bag). Do not rinse pasta with water. Just drain.
- Add the cooking cream to the mushroom and stock, followed by the flour dissolved in ¼ cup of water (make sure there are no lumps) and leave to simmer on a medium heat until you have reached the desired thickness of the sauce.
- Add a bunch of fresh basil and adjust seasoning.
- Mix pasta and sauce together, garnish with fresh basil and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and zest of one lemon.
Colourful Easter Pancakes
Easter is almost here and here is an easy colorful pancakes breakfast for such an...
Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. An easy flavorful...
Orange & Cardamom Rice Pudding
الوصفة بالعربي Add a fragrant twist to this all time...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]