Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
By shahdan • December 14, 2019
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely the perfect dish for special occasions.
- 500 ml half cream milk - لبن نصف دسم
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 4 fillet salmon (cubed) - سمك السلمون
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 1/2 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 medium lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 12 leaves basil - ريحان
- 2 teaspoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 500 gram pasta (Farfelle) - معكرونة
Step by step
- In a pot, heat milk until warm, then add the salmon fillet pieces. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and leave to poach on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until the fish is pink and cooked.
- Carefully remove the fish from the milk and set both aside.
- In the meantime, follow pasta bag instructions to cook the pasta until al dente. Drain.
- In a separate pot, melt butter then stir in flour and mix. Pour in the salmon-infused milk and whisk constantly until the milk thickens into a creamy sauce.
- Stir in the cream for added richness, followed by the cooked salmon, finely chopped basil and the zest of one lemon. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, mix gently then transfer to serving dish. Garnish with basil leaves and sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top.
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not...
Oregano & Sumac Chicken with Classic Freekeh
Oregano & sumac marinated chicken breast fillets are served on a bed of nutritious freekeh, and...
Luscious Tuna Wrap
In this luscious wrap, tuna is made creamy with labna cheese to substitute heavy mayonnaise! Add...
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle
This Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle is the simplest way to the heart of a loved one. It impresses with its salmon flavor and creaminess, while it is quick and easy to prepare.
Rich Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
This rich & silky Tomato Pasta Sauce will be your new favorite pasta sauce. It is not just perfect for everyday but also great for large gatherings when you need a beautiful bowl of pasta. Cooked with ripe Egyptian tomatoes, and garnished with fresh green basil, flavorful Parmesan shaves & creamy Buffalo mozzarella, this pasta […]