Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
By yasmine • January 5, 2017
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all the boxes. You will want to prepare batches of this soup and keep it in your fridge to warm up the whole family during the winter!
If you do not have chicken or vegetable broth, you may use water but add 2 bay leaves, 2 cardamom pods and extra salt and pepper.
- 1 kg pumpkin (peeled & cut in cubes) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 2 medium carrots (peeled & cut in cubes) - جزر
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 stem celery (roughly chopped with greens) - كرفس افرنجي
- 5 cup chicken broth/stock (OR veggie stock) - مرقة دجاج
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add minced onions. Sauté for 5 minutes before adding minced garlic and cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Add cubed pumpkins, carrots and celery and stir. Add stock and let it come to a boil.
- Let the mix simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until pumpkins are tender. Put it off the heat.
- Use a handheld mixer or transfer your soup to a food processor and pulse until it is completely creamed. You can serve it right away or keep in fridge for up to three days.
Mahshi Koronb (Stuffed Cabbage) Made Simple
Even though I love cooking and I have a passion for traditional Egyptian food, Mahshi Koronb...
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Quinoa
The Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Quinoa is a perfect warm salad, side dish to your favourite...
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.