Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
By yasmine • January 5, 2017
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all the boxes. You will want to prepare batches of this soup and keep it in your fridge to warm up the whole family during the winter!
If you do not have chicken or vegetable broth, you may use water but add 2 bay leaves, 2 cardamom pods and extra salt and pepper.
- 1 kg pumpkin (peeled & cut in cubes) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 2 medium carrots (peeled & cut in cubes) - جزر
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 stem celery (roughly chopped with greens) - كرفس افرنجي
- 5 cup chicken broth/stock (OR veggie stock) - مرقة دجاج
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add minced onions. Sauté for 5 minutes before adding minced garlic and cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Add cubed pumpkins, carrots and celery and stir. Add stock and let it come to a boil.
- Let the mix simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until pumpkins are tender. Put it off the heat.
- Use a handheld mixer or transfer your soup to a food processor and pulse until it is completely creamed. You can serve it right away or keep in fridge for up to three days.
Succulent Asian Surf & Turf for Two
الوصفة بالعربي One marinade for a succulent full flavoured steak, mouth-watering...
Bolognese Sauce with Hidden Veggies
A relatively long list of ingredients, but it guarantees one wholesome meal for your family. It is...
Eggplant & Shrimp Farfalle
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-Pan.com. Easy and...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]