Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
By yasmine • January 5, 2017
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all the boxes. You will want to prepare batches of this soup and keep it in your fridge to warm up the whole family during the winter!
If you do not have chicken or vegetable broth, you may use water but add 2 bay leaves, 2 cardamom pods and extra salt and pepper.
- 1 kg pumpkin (peeled & cut in cubes) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 2 medium carrots (peeled & cut in cubes) - جزر
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 stem celery (roughly chopped with greens) - كرفس افرنجي
- 5 cup chicken broth/stock (OR veggie stock) - مرقة دجاج
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add minced onions. Sauté for 5 minutes before adding minced garlic and cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Add cubed pumpkins, carrots and celery and stir. Add stock and let it come to a boil.
- Let the mix simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until pumpkins are tender. Put it off the heat.
- Use a handheld mixer or transfer your soup to a food processor and pulse until it is completely creamed. You can serve it right away or keep in fridge for up to three days.
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
It's a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It's great to have as a dip or a...
Daim Double Chocolate Cake
The cake is a result of a random thought that struck at a moment of boredom motivating me to try...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.