Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
By yasmine • January 5, 2017
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all the boxes. You will want to prepare batches of this soup and keep it in your fridge to warm up the whole family during the winter!
If you do not have chicken or vegetable broth, you may use water but add 2 bay leaves, 2 cardamom pods and extra salt and pepper.
- 1 kg pumpkin (peeled & cut in cubes) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 2 medium carrots (peeled & cut in cubes) - جزر
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 stem celery (roughly chopped with greens) - كرفس افرنجي
- 5 cup chicken broth/stock (OR veggie stock) - مرقة دجاج
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add minced onions. Sauté for 5 minutes before adding minced garlic and cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Add cubed pumpkins, carrots and celery and stir. Add stock and let it come to a boil.
- Let the mix simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until pumpkins are tender. Put it off the heat.
- Use a handheld mixer or transfer your soup to a food processor and pulse until it is completely creamed. You can serve it right away or keep in fridge for up to three days.
Homemade Low-Sugar Strawberry Jam
You might find this strawberry jam a bit dark like a berry jam, but that's due to the prolonged...
Figs & Goat Cheese Oregano Pie
Fig season is here and can't stop thinking of all the fun recipes we can prepare using figs. It is...
The Rice-Meatball Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي Turn CairoCooking's Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!