Cucumber & Carrot Pickles
By shahdan • November 21, 2015
A bowl of pickles is always a plus on the table. It also adds a new dimension to roast beef, burger and chicken sandwiches… And remember, a nice colorful jar of pickles can always make a nice homemade gift for family and friends.
This recipe is for a 1 litre jar.
- 400 ml boiling water (from the kettle) - ماء ساخن
- 100 ml vinegar - خل
- 3 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 2 medium garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1 handful mint (optional) - نعناع
- 1 handful dill (thinly sliced- optional) - شبت
- 2 cup cucumber (sliced) - خيار
- 1.5 cup carrots (sliced) - جزر
Step by step
- Drop the sliced carrots and cucumber in a jar. Use enough to fill the jar. Add the garlic, mint and dill on top.
- In a separate measuring jug, mix together the hot boiling water, vinegar and salt and pour into the jar. Make sure the jar is filled up with the water and vinegar till the end.
- Close the jar and leave to cool.
- When it reaches room temperature, place the jar in the fridge so the cucumber and carrots stay nice and crunchy. If you prepare this jar in the morning, you can serve your yummy pickles for dinner. All it needs is a few hours in the fridge and it is ready. How easy is that?
Warm Peach & Berries Fruit Crumble
Starting from the smell while its in the oven, your senses know they're getting a treat! Its...
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad is such a simple salad full of nutrition for the whole family and...
Banana & Coconut Bread
This bread is beyond scrumptious and moist with a divine smell. This is probably the most...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]