Cucumber & Carrot Pickles
By shahdan • November 21, 2015
A bowl of pickles is always a plus on the table. It also adds a new dimension to roast beef, burger and chicken sandwiches… And remember, a nice colorful jar of pickles can always make a nice homemade gift for family and friends.
This recipe is for a 1 litre jar.
- 400 ml boiling water (from the kettle) - ماء ساخن
- 100 ml vinegar - خل
- 3 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 2 medium garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1 handful mint (optional) - نعناع
- 1 handful dill (thinly sliced- optional) - شبت
- 2 cup cucumber (sliced) - خيار
- 1.5 cup carrots (sliced) - جزر
Step by step
- Drop the sliced carrots and cucumber in a jar. Use enough to fill the jar. Add the garlic, mint and dill on top.
- In a separate measuring jug, mix together the hot boiling water, vinegar and salt and pour into the jar. Make sure the jar is filled up with the water and vinegar till the end.
- Close the jar and leave to cool.
- When it reaches room temperature, place the jar in the fridge so the cucumber and carrots stay nice and crunchy. If you prepare this jar in the morning, you can serve your yummy pickles for dinner. All it needs is a few hours in the fridge and it is ready. How easy is that?
Paleo Chocolate Mousse
Paleo cooking refrains from processed sugars and gluten but doesn't compromise on good taste. This...
Sweet Potato in Coconut Cream
From 7 months. Although, allergic reactions to coconut are very rare (according to the Food...
Turmeric Basmati Rice
Yellow turmeric rice is the perfect companion to all curry dishes! I also like to serve it with...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.