Cucumber & Carrot Pickles
By shahdan • November 21, 2015
A bowl of pickles is always a plus on the table. It also adds a new dimension to roast beef, burger and chicken sandwiches… And remember, a nice colorful jar of pickles can always make a nice homemade gift for family and friends.
This recipe is for a 1 litre jar.
- 400 ml boiling water (from the kettle) - ماء ساخن
- 100 ml vinegar - خل
- 3 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 2 medium garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1 handful mint (optional) - نعناع
- 1 handful dill (thinly sliced- optional) - شبت
- 2 cup cucumber (sliced) - خيار
- 1.5 cup carrots (sliced) - جزر
Step by step
- Drop the sliced carrots and cucumber in a jar. Use enough to fill the jar. Add the garlic, mint and dill on top.
- In a separate measuring jug, mix together the hot boiling water, vinegar and salt and pour into the jar. Make sure the jar is filled up with the water and vinegar till the end.
- Close the jar and leave to cool.
- When it reaches room temperature, place the jar in the fridge so the cucumber and carrots stay nice and crunchy. If you prepare this jar in the morning, you can serve your yummy pickles for dinner. All it needs is a few hours in the fridge and it is ready. How easy is that?
Creamy Banana Almond Ice Cream
Peel and break the bananas into quarters and freeze for at least 12 hours before making this...
Goop’s Broccoli & Arugula Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This is an original Goop detox recipe that I used to prepare for...
Sweet & Sour Chicken with Jasmine Rice
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.