Circkle Crackle Nut Candies
By yasmine • December 4, 2016
These nut candies are such a yummy, sweet and crunchy dessert in little balls. Nuts, seeds, coconut oil & raw molasses are all immunity-boosting, vitmanin-full and overall nutritious foods, which makes this a great treat for kids and health- and weight-concious adults.
- 1 cup almonds - لوز
- 1/2 cup hazelnut (peeled) - بندق
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 3/4 cup molasses - عسل أسود
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 2-3 tablespoon flax seeds (OR pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds) - بذور الكتان
- 100 gram dark chocolate (optional) - شوكولاتة غامقة
- 1-2 tablespoon sea salt (optional) - ملح البحر
Step by step
- In a large pan, toast the almonds and hazelnuts over medium heat for about 5 minutes, make sure to stir occasionally. Then sprinkle in the flaxseeds and toast for another couple of minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, soak the cranberries in warm water for 2 minutes and drain thoroughly. Add drained dried cranberries to the nuts.
- In a small pot, heat coconut oil and molasses on medium heat until it comes to a boil then lower heat and let it simmer for a couple of minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the hot molasses mixture to cooled nuts and stir to combine and cover all the nuts with molasses.
- Using a tablespoon, make nut balls (they don't have to be consistent) and place them on a flat tray. Place it in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving or packing as little edible gifts.
- You can also melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over the nut balls (just before you place it in the fridge) and sprinkle with some sea salt for a fun kick!
Quick Wholemeal Scones with Walnuts & Raisins
This is a nutritious wholemeal scones recipe with walnuts & raisins prepared in less than 30...
Oat & Banana Nutritious Pancakes
From 9 months. This is such a simple, quick and nutritious breakfast or dinner for your toddler as...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time....
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]