Circkle Crackle Nut Candies
By yasmine • December 4, 2016
These nut candies are such a yummy, sweet and crunchy dessert in little balls. Nuts, seeds, coconut oil & raw molasses are all immunity-boosting, vitmanin-full and overall nutritious foods, which makes this a great treat for kids and health- and weight-concious adults.
- 1 cup almonds - لوز
- 1/2 cup hazelnut (peeled) - بندق
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 3/4 cup molasses - عسل أسود
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 2-3 tablespoon flax seeds (OR pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds) - بذور الكتان
- 100 gram dark chocolate (optional) - شوكولاتة غامقة
- 1-2 tablespoon sea salt (optional) - ملح البحر
Step by step
- In a large pan, toast the almonds and hazelnuts over medium heat for about 5 minutes, make sure to stir occasionally. Then sprinkle in the flaxseeds and toast for another couple of minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, soak the cranberries in warm water for 2 minutes and drain thoroughly. Add drained dried cranberries to the nuts.
- In a small pot, heat coconut oil and molasses on medium heat until it comes to a boil then lower heat and let it simmer for a couple of minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the hot molasses mixture to cooled nuts and stir to combine and cover all the nuts with molasses.
- Using a tablespoon, make nut balls (they don't have to be consistent) and place them on a flat tray. Place it in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving or packing as little edible gifts.
- You can also melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over the nut balls (just before you place it in the fridge) and sprinkle with some sea salt for a fun kick!
Light One-Pot Okra
This is the vegan version of my mother's 'nayy fe nayy bamia'. While she uses stock, I like to...
Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
الوصفة بالعربي A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not...
Spinach & Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato & Carrot Cream Sauce
This recipe is the runner-up to #MyBestDish cooking competition. This recipe is perfect for any...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]