Circkle Crackle Nut Candies
By yasmine • December 4, 2016
These nut candies are such a yummy, sweet and crunchy dessert in little balls. Nuts, seeds, coconut oil & raw molasses are all immunity-boosting, vitmanin-full and overall nutritious foods, which makes this a great treat for kids and health- and weight-concious adults.
- 1 cup almonds - لوز
- 1/2 cup hazelnut (peeled) - بندق
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 3/4 cup molasses - عسل أسود
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 2-3 tablespoon flax seeds (OR pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds) - بذور الكتان
- 100 gram dark chocolate (optional) - شوكولاتة غامقة
- 1-2 tablespoon sea salt (optional) - ملح البحر
Step by step
- In a large pan, toast the almonds and hazelnuts over medium heat for about 5 minutes, make sure to stir occasionally. Then sprinkle in the flaxseeds and toast for another couple of minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, soak the cranberries in warm water for 2 minutes and drain thoroughly. Add drained dried cranberries to the nuts.
- In a small pot, heat coconut oil and molasses on medium heat until it comes to a boil then lower heat and let it simmer for a couple of minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the hot molasses mixture to cooled nuts and stir to combine and cover all the nuts with molasses.
- Using a tablespoon, make nut balls (they don't have to be consistent) and place them on a flat tray. Place it in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving or packing as little edible gifts.
- You can also melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over the nut balls (just before you place it in the fridge) and sprinkle with some sea salt for a fun kick!
Arugula Eggplant Salad
Here's what I love about this arugula eggplant salad: it looks and tastes fancy, yet doesn't...
الوصفة بالعربي Hummus falafel is a great variation of the traditional broad bean...
Rustic Cheese Tart
This cheese tart makes a sophisticated yet easy entertaining dish that you can prepare and bake...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]