Circkle Crackle Nut Candies
By yasmine • December 4, 2016
These nut candies are such a yummy, sweet and crunchy dessert in little balls. Nuts, seeds, coconut oil & raw molasses are all immunity-boosting, vitmanin-full and overall nutritious foods, which makes this a great treat for kids and health- and weight-concious adults.
- 1 cup almonds - لوز
- 1/2 cup hazelnut (peeled) - بندق
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 3/4 cup molasses - عسل أسود
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 2-3 tablespoon flax seeds (OR pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds) - بذور الكتان
- 100 gram dark chocolate (optional) - شوكولاتة غامقة
- 1-2 tablespoon sea salt (optional) - ملح البحر
Step by step
- In a large pan, toast the almonds and hazelnuts over medium heat for about 5 minutes, make sure to stir occasionally. Then sprinkle in the flaxseeds and toast for another couple of minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, soak the cranberries in warm water for 2 minutes and drain thoroughly. Add drained dried cranberries to the nuts.
- In a small pot, heat coconut oil and molasses on medium heat until it comes to a boil then lower heat and let it simmer for a couple of minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the hot molasses mixture to cooled nuts and stir to combine and cover all the nuts with molasses.
- Using a tablespoon, make nut balls (they don't have to be consistent) and place them on a flat tray. Place it in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving or packing as little edible gifts.
- You can also melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over the nut balls (just before you place it in the fridge) and sprinkle with some sea salt for a fun kick!
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a...
الوصفة بالعربي Hummus falafel is a great variation of the traditional broad bean...
Vegetable Glass Noodles
Who wouldn't like a bowl of Asian Glass noodles with luscious fresh vegetables? It is perfect and...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling the kitchen with the smell lets me think of my grandmother’s house and our family lunches ending with dipping these biscuits in the grown-ups hot teas. Our family calls it ‘our biscotti’ (like the Italian), because it looks and smells like it, yet […]