One Pot Chicken, Mushroom & Broccoli
By yasmine • July 2, 2015
Such a simple recipe cooked all at once in one pot! No mess and it turns out delicious! It’s suitable for a simple lunch or an extravagant gathering. You can replace the broccoli with cut asparagus to make it more elegant.
This recipe also works as a pasta sauce (add half cup cream) or sandwich filling (replace cream with cheese and salad in the sandwich).
- 500 gram chicken breast (fillets - cut lengthwise into finger size) - صدور دجاج
- 1 large red onion (quartered and thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 250 gram mushrooms (thinly sliced) - عش الغراب
- 250 gram broccoli (cut into florets) - بروكلى
- 1 tablespoon oregano (preferably fresh) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/2 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- On medium heat, put olive oil In a large pan, then add the onion followed by garlic.
- As the onion starts changing colour add the broccoli florets and the cut chicken. Stir them to make sure they get covered by the fat and fry a bit in the pan.
- Once the chicken exterior is cooked, add the mushrooms followed by the cream. Cover the pan and lower the heat to let all it all cook for another 10 minutes until broccoli is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the oregano at the end of the cooking process just before taking the pot off the heat.
My friend prepared these for a kids party and they were a big hit! Both, kids and grown ups, loved...
Annabell’s Famous Banana & Avocado Mix
From 7 months. This mixture made the infamous Annabella Karmel famous among all mothers. It is an...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or...
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]