One Pot Chicken, Mushroom & Broccoli
By yasmine • July 2, 2015
Such a simple recipe cooked all at once in one pot! No mess and it turns out delicious! It’s suitable for a simple lunch or an extravagant gathering. You can replace the broccoli with cut asparagus to make it more elegant.
This recipe also works as a pasta sauce (add half cup cream) or sandwich filling (replace cream with cheese and salad in the sandwich).
- 500 gram chicken breast (fillets - cut lengthwise into finger size) - صدور دجاج
- 1 large red onion (quartered and thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 250 gram mushrooms (thinly sliced) - عش الغراب
- 250 gram broccoli (cut into florets) - بروكلى
- 1 tablespoon oregano (preferably fresh) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/2 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- On medium heat, put olive oil In a large pan, then add the onion followed by garlic.
- As the onion starts changing colour add the broccoli florets and the cut chicken. Stir them to make sure they get covered by the fat and fry a bit in the pan.
- Once the chicken exterior is cooked, add the mushrooms followed by the cream. Cover the pan and lower the heat to let all it all cook for another 10 minutes until broccoli is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the oregano at the end of the cooking process just before taking the pot off the heat.
Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty,...
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
Everyone’s Favourite Shawerma
The secret recipe to the best homemade shawerma is finally revealed. We had to dig for the...
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe to achieving it at home. It is a perfect home cooked meal to serve with white rice and a yummy Asian-style salad (check our selection). In this recipe we do not deep fry the beef strips, but it […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.