One Pot Chicken, Mushroom & Broccoli
By yasmine • July 2, 2015
Such a simple recipe cooked all at once in one pot! No mess and it turns out delicious! It’s suitable for a simple lunch or an extravagant gathering. You can replace the broccoli with cut asparagus to make it more elegant.
This recipe also works as a pasta sauce (add half cup cream) or sandwich filling (replace cream with cheese and salad in the sandwich).
- 500 gram chicken breast (fillets - cut lengthwise into finger size) - صدور دجاج
- 1 large red onion (quartered and thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 250 gram mushrooms (thinly sliced) - عش الغراب
- 250 gram broccoli (cut into florets) - بروكلى
- 1 tablespoon oregano (preferably fresh) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/2 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- On medium heat, put olive oil In a large pan, then add the onion followed by garlic.
- As the onion starts changing colour add the broccoli florets and the cut chicken. Stir them to make sure they get covered by the fat and fry a bit in the pan.
- Once the chicken exterior is cooked, add the mushrooms followed by the cream. Cover the pan and lower the heat to let all it all cook for another 10 minutes until broccoli is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the oregano at the end of the cooking process just before taking the pot off the heat.
Yummy Zucchini Carrot Fritters
These Zucchini Carrot Fritters are just so yummy. The kids love them and are ready to add them to...
Easter Greek Brioche
When Sham ElNesseem is coming our way, all I can think of is the smell of my grandmother's Easter...
Crunchy French Fries with a Kick
With little twists like soaking in vinegar and seasoning with paprika, these traditional fries are...
Indian Butter Chicken
The Indian Butter Chicken is a restaurant quality dish that you can eat in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely a family favourite, simply served with white rice. The fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, and ginger in the sauce make it not only mouthwatering but also wholesome.
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.