By Bassouma Ghawi • April 29, 2016
This pan-seared scallops recipe is very easy and simple. Scallops are highly nutritious, full of vitamin B12, magnesium and potassium and are 95 calories each.
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 kg sea scallops (washed) - إسكالوب البحر
- salt - ملح
- white pepper - فلفل أبيض
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 stalks green onions (silvered) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon coriander (chopped - OPTIONAL) - كزبرة
- 3 garlic clove (minced - OPTIONAL) - فص ثوم
Step by step
- Heat a skillet and melt the butter.
- Season the scallops with a mix of salt and white pepper.
- Add to the pan and sear on both sides for 2 minutes then add a squeeze of lime, about two tablespoons soy sauce and cover for a minute on high heat.
- Uncover and set aside for a minute. In a shell or individual serving plates, put some sliver sliced green onions then and place a couple of scallops then add some grated ginger and a drop of sesame oil.
- You can also add chopped coriander and minced garlic on top (optional).
The Ultimate Veteran Burger
الوصفة بالعربي A 200 gram beef burger patty between two special buns of only egg...
Sweet Potato in Coconut Cream
From 7 months. Although, allergic reactions to coconut are very rare (according to the Food...
Banana Peanut Butter Rolls
My son liked to dip bananas in peanut butter for breakfast, and one day he wanted to take to...
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.