By Bassouma Ghawi • April 29, 2016
This pan-seared scallops recipe is very easy and simple. Scallops are highly nutritious, full of vitamin B12, magnesium and potassium and are 95 calories each.
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 kg sea scallops (washed) - إسكالوب البحر
- salt - ملح
- white pepper - فلفل أبيض
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 stalks green onions (silvered) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon coriander (chopped - OPTIONAL) - كزبرة
- 3 garlic clove (minced - OPTIONAL) - فص ثوم
Step by step
- Heat a skillet and melt the butter.
- Season the scallops with a mix of salt and white pepper.
- Add to the pan and sear on both sides for 2 minutes then add a squeeze of lime, about two tablespoons soy sauce and cover for a minute on high heat.
- Uncover and set aside for a minute. In a shell or individual serving plates, put some sliver sliced green onions then and place a couple of scallops then add some grated ginger and a drop of sesame oil.
- You can also add chopped coriander and minced garlic on top (optional).
Kiddie Yummy Cut Out Cookies
Fun and easy to prepare, these cookies will keep your kids entertained. With no sophisticated...
The Simplest Renga Baladi
Such a simple and tasty recipe that takes us back to our childhood and still makes an amazing...
Red Thai Chicken Curry
الوصفه بالعربي This delicious Red Curry Chicken dish is super easy for everyday, and...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.