By Bassouma Ghawi • April 29, 2016
This pan-seared scallops recipe is very easy and simple. Scallops are highly nutritious, full of vitamin B12, magnesium and potassium and are 95 calories each.
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 kg sea scallops (washed) - إسكالوب البحر
- salt - ملح
- white pepper - فلفل أبيض
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 stalks green onions (silvered) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon coriander (chopped - OPTIONAL) - كزبرة
- 3 garlic clove (minced - OPTIONAL) - فص ثوم
Step by step
- Heat a skillet and melt the butter.
- Season the scallops with a mix of salt and white pepper.
- Add to the pan and sear on both sides for 2 minutes then add a squeeze of lime, about two tablespoons soy sauce and cover for a minute on high heat.
- Uncover and set aside for a minute. In a shell or individual serving plates, put some sliver sliced green onions then and place a couple of scallops then add some grated ginger and a drop of sesame oil.
- You can also add chopped coriander and minced garlic on top (optional).
El Mouled Gingerbread Cookies
When a classic christmassy recipe meets a very authentic presentation... We are delighted that...
Turmeric Basmati Rice
Yellow turmeric rice is the perfect companion to all curry dishes! I also like to serve it with...
Classic Spinach Soup
Creamy and super nutritious… this spinach soup will pleasantly surprise you with its rich...
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.
Creamy Avocado Hummus
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new favourite crowd pleaser, as well as an everyday guilt-free dip for those late-night cravings.
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.