By shahdan • May 8, 2020
Baladi Salad, just the traditional Egyptian way…
- 2 medium carrots (grated) - جزر
- 2 medium tomatoes (diced) - طماطم
- 2 medium cucumber (diced) - خيار
- 1/2 small onion (finely chopped) - or 2 stalks spring onions - بصلة
- 1 medium bell pepper (diced) - فلفل ملون
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 6 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 small garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place all diced vegetables in a salad bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the salad. Mix and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate only for a couple of hours.
Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With...
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.