Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
By yasmine • September 3, 2018
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet.
The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are not obligatory but they add extra nutritional values and a stronger flavor to the spinach.
Serve your spinach next to white or brown rice, freekeh, or crispy baladi bread.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large red onion (diced) - بصلة حمراء
- 3 tomatoes (finely chopped) - طماطم
- 400 gram spinach - سبانخ
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (OR hot water with extra salt & pepper) - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon dill (finely chopped) - شبت
- 2 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in medium pot. Fry diced red onions for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally then follow with tomatoes.
- Season with all spice, salt and pepper then stir in the spinach.
- Add chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Lower heat and cover pot. Let spinach cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Five minutes before taking it off the heat, add chopped herbs and stir.
- Serve in a deep serving dish next to rice or crispy bread.
Everyone’s Favourite Shawerma
The secret recipe to the best homemade shawerma is finally revealed. We had to dig for the...
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
Hearty Sugar-Free Carrot Muffins
From 12 months. These Carrot Muffins are yummy and heartwarming for the whole family. I make them...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]