Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
By yasmine • September 3, 2018
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet.
The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are not obligatory but they add extra nutritional values and a stronger flavor to the spinach.
Serve your spinach next to white or brown rice, freekeh, or crispy baladi bread.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large red onion (diced) - بصلة حمراء
- 3 tomatoes (finely chopped) - طماطم
- 400 gram spinach - سبانخ
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (OR hot water with extra salt & pepper) - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon dill (finely chopped) - شبت
- 2 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in medium pot. Fry diced red onions for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally then follow with tomatoes.
- Season with all spice, salt and pepper then stir in the spinach.
- Add chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Lower heat and cover pot. Let spinach cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Five minutes before taking it off the heat, add chopped herbs and stir.
- Serve in a deep serving dish next to rice or crispy bread.
The Shrimp Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي This is originally a Crave recipe that I learned to do at home. It...
Easter Greek Brioche
When Sham ElNesseem is coming our way, all I can think of is the smell of my grandmother's Easter...
Entertaining Labna with Debs
الوصفة بالعربي This 2-ingredient appetizer is by far the easiest finger food you can...
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Kofta Panee is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely for […]
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other? My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes. […]
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]