Steak Avocado Salad
By Alia El Askalany • July 28, 2015
Definitely one of my favorite things to date – I can’t believe how simple and colorful this dish came out to be when I put it together, at first. The burst of flavors in this recipe stems from the mix of the ingredients not the spices or marinades used; you’ll be addicted to this summer meal salad in no time! Perfect for a special summer dinner 🙂
Recipe by Alia El Askalany
- 2 fillet steak - شريحة لحم
- 1 whole avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon chili powder - شطة مطحونة
- 2 whole lemon - ليمون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 pinch pepper corn - فلفل اسود حب
- 1 handful cilantro (optional) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Season your steaks with salt & pepper. Lightly brush your grilling pan with olive oil and place on high heat.
- Once your pan is hot, fry the steaks over high heat for 2 minutes then lower heat to medium. Cook the steaks according to your preferred doneness, turning them only once. You will need 4 minutes for medium rare, 5 minutes for medium, 6 minutes for medium-well, and 8 minutes for well done.
- While steaks are grilling, prepare your avocado salad. Slice the avocado in the middle so you have two halves, remove seed, and cube each half with a knife just like you do with a mango. Carefully, scoop out the squares and place onto your serving plate. Squeeze one lemon and add salt, pepper & chili.
- After steaks are done, let them rest for 5 minutes so all the juices are absorbed, then carefully slice them diagonally into strips.
- Layer the steak onto the avocado salad bed and spoon Dijon on the side. Drizzle olive oil on top and another pinch of chili and you're good to go. You can also add freshly chopped cilantro for that extra summer crunch.
The Simplest Renga Baladi
Such a simple and tasty recipe that takes us back to our childhood and still makes an amazing...
Ice Cream Cookie Cups
Whether you're a fan of freezing ice cream on cold winter nights or not, you'll love this...
Pulled Beef & Onions
A unique take on the Egyptian meat and onions casserole. Recipe uploaded by Nada...
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]