Steak Avocado Salad
By Alia El Askalany • July 28, 2015
Definitely one of my favorite things to date – I can’t believe how simple and colorful this dish came out to be when I put it together, at first. The burst of flavors in this recipe stems from the mix of the ingredients not the spices or marinades used; you’ll be addicted to this summer meal salad in no time! Perfect for a special summer dinner 🙂
Recipe by Alia El Askalany
- 2 fillet steak - شريحة لحم
- 1 whole avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon chili powder - شطة مطحونة
- 2 whole lemon - ليمون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 pinch pepper corn - فلفل اسود حب
- 1 handful cilantro (optional) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Season your steaks with salt & pepper. Lightly brush your grilling pan with olive oil and place on high heat.
- Once your pan is hot, fry the steaks over high heat for 2 minutes then lower heat to medium. Cook the steaks according to your preferred doneness, turning them only once. You will need 4 minutes for medium rare, 5 minutes for medium, 6 minutes for medium-well, and 8 minutes for well done.
- While steaks are grilling, prepare your avocado salad. Slice the avocado in the middle so you have two halves, remove seed, and cube each half with a knife just like you do with a mango. Carefully, scoop out the squares and place onto your serving plate. Squeeze one lemon and add salt, pepper & chili.
- After steaks are done, let them rest for 5 minutes so all the juices are absorbed, then carefully slice them diagonally into strips.
- Layer the steak onto the avocado salad bed and spoon Dijon on the side. Drizzle olive oil on top and another pinch of chili and you're good to go. You can also add freshly chopped cilantro for that extra summer crunch.
The Rice-Meatball Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي Turn CairoCooking's Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting...
Creamy North Indian Fish Curry
Enjoy the exotic spices in this wonderful fish curry dish brought to you straight from India. You...
Scrumptious Homemade Pretzels
Did you know that yummy pretzels can be baked from your leftover pizza dough? Yes – this is for...
Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With colourful veggies, sweet crunchy apples and a hint of fresh dill & spring onions, this salad also makes an exciting cold side dish for grilled meat, chicken and fish.
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.