Steak Avocado Salad
By Alia El Askalany • July 28, 2015
Definitely one of my favorite things to date – I can’t believe how simple and colorful this dish came out to be when I put it together, at first. The burst of flavors in this recipe stems from the mix of the ingredients not the spices or marinades used; you’ll be addicted to this summer meal salad in no time! Perfect for a special summer dinner 🙂
Recipe by Alia El Askalany
- 2 fillet steak - شريحة لحم
- 1 whole avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon chili powder - شطة مطحونة
- 2 whole lemon - ليمون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 pinch pepper corn - فلفل اسود حب
- 1 handful cilantro (optional) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Season your steaks with salt & pepper. Lightly brush your grilling pan with olive oil and place on high heat.
- Once your pan is hot, fry the steaks over high heat for 2 minutes then lower heat to medium. Cook the steaks according to your preferred doneness, turning them only once. You will need 4 minutes for medium rare, 5 minutes for medium, 6 minutes for medium-well, and 8 minutes for well done.
- While steaks are grilling, prepare your avocado salad. Slice the avocado in the middle so you have two halves, remove seed, and cube each half with a knife just like you do with a mango. Carefully, scoop out the squares and place onto your serving plate. Squeeze one lemon and add salt, pepper & chili.
- After steaks are done, let them rest for 5 minutes so all the juices are absorbed, then carefully slice them diagonally into strips.
- Layer the steak onto the avocado salad bed and spoon Dijon on the side. Drizzle olive oil on top and another pinch of chili and you're good to go. You can also add freshly chopped cilantro for that extra summer crunch.
Raw Chocolate Whoopies with Banana Coconut Filling
It's nice to find a kids chocolate recipe that is sugar-free and that they would enjoy. These...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
Everyday Mushroom Risotto
I used to get scared of risotto until I found my sister cooks it as a last minute dish when she was...
Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle
This Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle is the simplest way to the heart of a loved one. It impresses with its salmon flavor and creaminess, while it is quick and easy to prepare.
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]