Kiddie Yummy Cut Out Cookies
By yasmine • January 3, 2016
Fun and easy to prepare, these cookies will keep your kids entertained. With no sophisticated ingredients, all you will need is a roller, baking tray and some cookie cutters!
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour (OR wholemeal flour) - دقيق أبيض
- 100 gram butter - زبدة
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1/2 cup sugar - سكر
- 1 egg - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder (optional) - قرفة
- 2 cup icing sugar - سكر بودرة
- 5- 6 tablespoon water - ماء
- sprinkles - حلوى صغيرة للتزيين
Step by step
- Use a handheld mixer to smoothen the butter and sugar together. Then add the egg and vanilla and beat further until all is mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add flour slowly to the butter mix while continuing to blend. If after all the flour you feel the dough is still too sticky add a 1 or 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Bring the dough together and put it in cling film or a plastic bag and in the fridge to rest for minimum an hour. This will help with rolling it out and cutting.
- Cover a clean work surface with flour and lay the dough in the middle. Rub you roller with some flour too and start stretching your dough on every side - turning it around until the dough is thin enough for cutting.
- Dump your shapes into flour every time before you cutting your shapes.
- Lay your raw cookies on an oven tray, preferably lined with parchment paper. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Place your cookies in the middle of your oven - it only takes 7 to 10 minutes in a preheated oven. The smaller and thinner your cookies are, the quicker they will be done.
- Let your cookies cool for 10 minutes before you eat them or start dusting them with toppings like cinnamon, icing sugar or jam.
- Alternatively, you can be more creative and decorate with icing and sprinkles. For the icing mix the icing sugar with water (one tablespoon at a time) until you reach a smooth yet relatively thick consistency.
- Use a piping bag to decorate the cookies with the icing and add sprinkles on top. Allow the icing to dry before serving.
Cinnamon & Chili Spiced Hot Chocolate
This is such an intense cup of hot chocolate! With its special spice mix, it has a deep yet...
Most Aromatic Chicken Stock
There are lots of ways to preparing a good homemade chicken stock, yet this recipe must be the...
Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
Easy & quick Chocolate Mug Cake to satisfy your chocolate craving. Recipe uploaded by Noha...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside with a tasty cheesy yet fresh taste. It is perfect as a side veggie dish for your everyday lunch as well as for big gatherings. This recipe serves 4-6. For bigger dinner parties, you will need to double the […]
Chicken & Broccoli Filo Pie
The chicken & broccoli filling to this filo pie is so delicious and heartwarming. The cheese melting between the soft broccoli and tender chicken along with the crispiness of the buttered filo provide you with the deliciousness and warmth you expect from a homemade pie! You can prepare it as a round or as a […]