Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
By Omar Maged • February 16, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
An easy flavorful creamy dish that can be matched with rice, pasta, potatoes or veggies.
- 600 gram beef fillet - فيليه كندوز
- 300 gram mushrooms (sliced) - عش الغراب
- 300 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 100 ml broth (about half cup) - مرقة
- 30 gram butter - زبدة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 small onion (minced) - بصلة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 pinch paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 4 teaspoon Italian herbs - بهارات ايطالية
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 4 tablespoon mozzarella cheese - جبن موتزاريلا
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 220C. Marinate steaks with salt, paprika and Italian herbs seasoning. Let it marinate for one hour at least.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a frying pan. Fry steaks for 1 minute on each side.
- Move the steaks to an oven friendly pan along with all the juices for 20-25 mins (to cook it well-done).
- Meanwhile, melt the rest of the butter and add sliced mushrooms for 5-10 mins. Then stir in minced onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream and broth. As soon as the sauce starts boiling, lower heat and let it simmer to thicken.
- Drizzle sauce over steaks and top them with grated cheese (evenly distributed). Put it back in the oven for an extra 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm with basmati rice, mashed potatoes or pasta.
Simple Greens Chicken Broth
Nothing can replace a good homemade chicken broth. Prepare it in large quantities, freeze it, and...
Halawa & Chocolate Spread
Recipe by Jummana Lotfy. Egyptian Nutella, as my kids like to call it, is an easy recipe for...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]