Soy & Ginger Bulgur Salad
By shahdan • March 10, 2017
The soy & ginger bulgur is an exotic and tasty salad on its own, as well as a great side dish to grilled poultry, fish or beef.
Bulgur is a kind of cracked wheat, mostly famous for the Lebanese Tabbouleh. It is easily cooked, nutritious and tends to absorb accompanying flavors making it super-delicious. This salad tastes even better the next day, when all fragrant ingredients have blended together. It is a great choice for made-in-advance dishes.
- 1.5 cup bulgur - برغل
- 3 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 cup peas - بسلة
- 1 cup green beans (trimmed and chopped) - فاصوليا خضراء
- 2 medium carrots - جزر
- 1/2 bunch coriander (finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 1/3 cup almonds (raw) - لوز
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 4 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 1 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1.5 tablespoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Place bulgur in a medium bowl and cover it with the boiling water. Cover the bowl and set aside for 20-30 minutes until bulgur is soft and cooked-through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the veggies. Boil green beans for about 4 minutes or until soft yet still crisp. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Cook the frozen peas in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the carrots then chop them into small cubes. Chop coriander leaves discarding stems.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small jar or bowl, and mix.
- When the bulgur is tender, drain any extra water and place it in a salad bowl. Add veggies, almonds and dressing. Mix gently until well-combined. For best results, cover and refrigerate before serving.
Salmon Ravioli en Papillotes
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Hassle-free and...
Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect...
Dutch Tuna Salad
This is a very famous tuna mix in Holland. When you go to any lunch place and ask for a tuna...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]