The Rice-Meatball Fatta
By shahdan • September 21, 2015
Turn CairoCooking’s Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting Fatta dish that will blow your guests away!
To prepare the meatballs, follow the link above. BUT, at step 7 of the Baked Rice Meatballs recipe, add 10 crushed cloves of garlic instead of 4, and 3 tablespoons of vinegar before you stir in the tomato sauce. Follow the rest of the instructions as indicated.
Once you have the meatballs ready, preparing the fatta is super easy! You can cook the meatballs in advance, keep refrigerated and heat before assembling the fatta.
- 6 serving CairoCooking’s rice meatballs (made from 1/2kg mince meat) - كفتة الأرز
- 6 large shamy bread - خبز شامي
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 500 gram yoghurt (about 5 small yoghurt cups) - زبادي
- 1 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 4 medium garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon coriander (chopped for garnish) - كزبرة
- 2 tablespoon almonds (peeled & shredded) - لوز
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
Step by step
- Use scissors to cut the bread into small rectangles and drizzle a little olive oil on top. Use your hands to coat the bread with the oil, then spread it on a large baking tray. Bake in a 180C oven until golden and crispy (about 20 minutes).
- To prepare the yoghurt topping, mix the yoghurt with the tahini in a bowl, then add crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small pan, fry the almonds in oil until golden. Drain on tissue paper.
- Before serving, arrange the bread in the serving plate. Spoon the rice meatballs and its tomato sauce on top. Then cover with the yoghurt-tahini mixture. Sprinkle toasted almonds and fresh coriander on top.
Grain-free Almond Bread
الوصفة بالعربي This is a simple recipe for grain-free bread made with almonds and...
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.