Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
By shahdan • August 20, 2015
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger gatherings. I like to use simple everyday veggies like onions, carrots, and green beans. If you do not have fish sauce and soy for the fish marinade, you may use salt, pepper and lime juice! Serve it with white Basmati rice!
- 1 kg fish fillet - سمك فيليه
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce - صوص السمك التايلاندي
- 4 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- Coconut Curry:
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 3 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (fresh grated ginger) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon curry (good quality curry powder) - كاري
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 2 large carrots (cut in thin sticks) - جزر
- 2 handful green beans - فاصوليا خضراء
- 3 large spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 400 ml coconut milk (1 can) - لبن جوز الهند
- 200 ml coconut cream - كريمة جوز الهند
- salt and pepper (to taste + extra lime to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- few leaves coriander (to garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- To prepare the fish marinade, combine lime juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Cut the fish into bite-size cubes and carefully coat the fish with the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for one hour or overnight.
- To prepare the curry, heat the oil in a large wok or a deep frying pan, then add the chopped onion and fry for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red hot chili pepper, turmeric, curry and stir for another 2 minutes before you add the carrot sticks and green beans.
- Mix the veggies with the spices to coat well, then add the coconut milk and cream.
- Carefully add the cubed fish and some diagonally sliced spring onions, then leave to simmer on medium-low heat until the veggies are soft and the fish is cooked through (around 15- 20 minutes).
- Season with extra salt, pepper, and lime juice if needed. Garnish with spring onions and fresh coriander and serve with white basmati rice!
Traditional Dessert Sugar Syrup
This syrup is the main sweetener of most if not all Oriental desserts. You can prepare it in...
الوصفه بالعربي This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes...
Tropical Fruit Salad
The tropical fruit salad is not just refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also elevates a simple...
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.