Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
By shahdan • August 20, 2015
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger gatherings. I like to use simple everyday veggies like onions, carrots, and green beans. If you do not have fish sauce and soy for the fish marinade, you may use salt, pepper and lime juice! Serve it with white Basmati rice!
- 1 kg fish fillet - سمك فيليه
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce - صوص السمك التايلاندي
- 4 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- Coconut Curry:
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 3 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (fresh grated ginger) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon curry (good quality curry powder) - كاري
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 2 large carrots (cut in thin sticks) - جزر
- 2 handful green beans - فاصوليا خضراء
- 3 large spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 400 ml coconut milk (1 can) - لبن جوز الهند
- 200 ml coconut cream - كريمة جوز الهند
- salt and pepper (to taste + extra lime to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- few leaves coriander (to garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- To prepare the fish marinade, combine lime juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Cut the fish into bite-size cubes and carefully coat the fish with the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for one hour or overnight.
- To prepare the curry, heat the oil in a large wok or a deep frying pan, then add the chopped onion and fry for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red hot chili pepper, turmeric, curry and stir for another 2 minutes before you add the carrot sticks and green beans.
- Mix the veggies with the spices to coat well, then add the coconut milk and cream.
- Carefully add the cubed fish and some diagonally sliced spring onions, then leave to simmer on medium-low heat until the veggies are soft and the fish is cooked through (around 15- 20 minutes).
- Season with extra salt, pepper, and lime juice if needed. Garnish with spring onions and fresh coriander and serve with white basmati rice!
Simple Grilled Salmon & Mixed Veggies
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This recipe is an...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is...
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious...
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]