Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
By shahdan • August 20, 2015
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger gatherings. I like to use simple everyday veggies like onions, carrots, and green beans. If you do not have fish sauce and soy for the fish marinade, you may use salt, pepper and lime juice! Serve it with white Basmati rice!
- 1 kg fish fillet - سمك فيليه
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce - صوص السمك التايلاندي
- 4 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- Coconut Curry:
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 3 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (fresh grated ginger) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon curry (good quality curry powder) - كاري
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 2 large carrots (cut in thin sticks) - جزر
- 2 handful green beans - فاصوليا خضراء
- 3 large spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 400 ml coconut milk (1 can) - لبن جوز الهند
- 200 ml coconut cream - كريمة جوز الهند
- salt and pepper (to taste + extra lime to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- few leaves coriander (to garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- To prepare the fish marinade, combine lime juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Cut the fish into bite-size cubes and carefully coat the fish with the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for one hour or overnight.
- To prepare the curry, heat the oil in a large wok or a deep frying pan, then add the chopped onion and fry for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red hot chili pepper, turmeric, curry and stir for another 2 minutes before you add the carrot sticks and green beans.
- Mix the veggies with the spices to coat well, then add the coconut milk and cream.
- Carefully add the cubed fish and some diagonally sliced spring onions, then leave to simmer on medium-low heat until the veggies are soft and the fish is cooked through (around 15- 20 minutes).
- Season with extra salt, pepper, and lime juice if needed. Garnish with spring onions and fresh coriander and serve with white basmati rice!
Classic Egyptian Koshary
Koshary is one of the most famous Egyptian street food. It is basically a plate full of rice,...
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Oat & Banana Nutritious Pancakes
From 9 months. This is such a simple, quick and nutritious breakfast or dinner for your toddler as...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]