Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
By shahdan • August 20, 2015
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger gatherings. I like to use simple everyday veggies like onions, carrots, and green beans. If you do not have fish sauce and soy for the fish marinade, you may use salt, pepper and lime juice! Serve it with white Basmati rice!
- 1 kg fish fillet - سمك فيليه
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce - صوص السمك التايلاندي
- 4 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- Coconut Curry:
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 3 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (fresh grated ginger) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon curry (good quality curry powder) - كاري
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 2 large carrots (cut in thin sticks) - جزر
- 2 handful green beans - فاصوليا خضراء
- 3 large spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 400 ml coconut milk (1 can) - لبن جوز الهند
- 200 ml coconut cream - كريمة جوز الهند
- salt and pepper (to taste + extra lime to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- few leaves coriander (to garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- To prepare the fish marinade, combine lime juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Cut the fish into bite-size cubes and carefully coat the fish with the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for one hour or overnight.
- To prepare the curry, heat the oil in a large wok or a deep frying pan, then add the chopped onion and fry for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red hot chili pepper, turmeric, curry and stir for another 2 minutes before you add the carrot sticks and green beans.
- Mix the veggies with the spices to coat well, then add the coconut milk and cream.
- Carefully add the cubed fish and some diagonally sliced spring onions, then leave to simmer on medium-low heat until the veggies are soft and the fish is cooked through (around 15- 20 minutes).
- Season with extra salt, pepper, and lime juice if needed. Garnish with spring onions and fresh coriander and serve with white basmati rice!
Creamy North Indian Fish Curry
Enjoy the exotic spices in this wonderful fish curry dish brought to you straight from India. You...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It's a...
الوصفة بالعربي Hummus falafel is a great variation of the traditional broad bean...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]