Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
By yasmine • April 15, 2015
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we do it any time of the year and enjoy it indoors. We love its crunch and colours and zesty sweet taste.
You can replace the almonds with pumpkin or sunflower seeds – the idea is to have that nutty crunch in it. I use a honey mustard vinaigrette with it cause it highlights the sweetness of the carrots and adds a fresh tang.
- 5 carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1/2 cup coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 sprig mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 1 orange zest (optional) - قشر برتقال
- 1 handful almonds (toasted) - لوز
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Mix the mustard vinaigrette dressing ingredients well and set aside.
- Add the orange zest to the shredded carrots (I used my spiral for the shredding to get circular looking shreds). Then add the greens and toss it to distribute the greens.
- Add the dressing and toss it again before putting some toasted almonds (or pumpkin or sunflower seeds) on top.
الوصفة بالعربي A traditional Palestinian feast on a plate... The flavours and aroma...
Annabell’s Famous Banana & Avocado Mix
From 7 months. This mixture made the infamous Annabella Karmel famous among all mothers. It is an...
Watermelon Ice Popsicles
On a hot summer's day, what's better than a watermelon ice popsicle? Fresh green kiwi (loaded...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!