Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
By yasmine • April 15, 2015
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we do it any time of the year and enjoy it indoors. We love its crunch and colours and zesty sweet taste.
You can replace the almonds with pumpkin or sunflower seeds – the idea is to have that nutty crunch in it. I use a honey mustard vinaigrette with it cause it highlights the sweetness of the carrots and adds a fresh tang.
- 5 carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1/2 cup coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 sprig mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 1 orange zest (optional) - قشر برتقال
- 1 handful almonds (toasted) - لوز
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Mix the mustard vinaigrette dressing ingredients well and set aside.
- Add the orange zest to the shredded carrots (I used my spiral for the shredding to get circular looking shreds). Then add the greens and toss it to distribute the greens.
- Add the dressing and toss it again before putting some toasted almonds (or pumpkin or sunflower seeds) on top.
Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate & Icing
This is not really a recipe - it is just a more colorful idea to serving delicious strawberries...
Soft Shrimp Rolls
This is such an easy and convenient recipe that you can prepare for the guests you want...
Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
In the kitchen, I'm a fan of rich flavor, but more important than that - an easy recipe, like this...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]