Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
By yasmine • April 15, 2015
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we do it any time of the year and enjoy it indoors. We love its crunch and colours and zesty sweet taste.
You can replace the almonds with pumpkin or sunflower seeds – the idea is to have that nutty crunch in it. I use a honey mustard vinaigrette with it cause it highlights the sweetness of the carrots and adds a fresh tang.
- 5 carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1/2 cup coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 sprig mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 1 orange zest (optional) - قشر برتقال
- 1 handful almonds (toasted) - لوز
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Mix the mustard vinaigrette dressing ingredients well and set aside.
- Add the orange zest to the shredded carrots (I used my spiral for the shredding to get circular looking shreds). Then add the greens and toss it to distribute the greens.
- Add the dressing and toss it again before putting some toasted almonds (or pumpkin or sunflower seeds) on top.
Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Fresh Basil
Heavy but heavenly… I love the beautiful earthy flavor that mushrooms add to a simple pasta dish,...
Lemon & Butter Fish en Papillote
Simple fish dish that truly impresses with its little gift like look and deliciousness. Once you...
This Coconut Ashoura is pure happiness in a bowl. It is deliciously creamy, super nutritious, and...
Simple, delicious, and the perfect companion to any protein dish especially fish! With some simple ingredients, the simple zucchini is transferred into a succulent vegan and wholesome side dish in 20 minutes.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]