Chicken Fillets with Capers Sauce
By Nesreen Bahgat • January 3, 2016
Enjoy these mouthwatering chicken breasts in a creamy capers sauce. One of our favorite recipes in the family, (which I got from my sister in law). It is one of the quickest recipes we prepare during busy days… & goes perfectly with Basmati rice.
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
Recipe uploaded by Nesreen Bahgat.
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon oil (optional) - زيت
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 bunch dill (OR less if you're not a fan - finely chopped) - شبت
- 1 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 can capers (OR to taste) - حب الكبر
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Clean the chicken breasts and dry it with a paper towel.
- Marinate the chicken breasts with garlic powder, lemon juice, chopped dill, salt and pepper. Leave the chicken to marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Grill the chicken in the hot pan on both sides until golden brown (2-3 minutes on each side.) Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the rest of the butter. Then add the capers without the accompanying water.
- As the capers cooks, scratch what was left from grilling the chicken using a wooden spoon and add the cooking cream. Bring to a simmer on low/medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts again to the sauce, cover and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately next to Basmati rice. Bon appétit :)
Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes
The earthy flavour of lentils, the creaminess of goat cheese, and the sweetness of sun-dried...
Traditional Macaroni Béchamel
No matter how creative we cook, a classic macaroni béchamel will always be a family favourite!...
Light Sharkaseya & Chicken Dish
This is a simple and straightforward (and light) recipe for traditional Sharkaseya... Recipe by...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]