Chicken Fillets with Capers Sauce
By Nesreen Bahgat • January 3, 2016
Enjoy these mouthwatering chicken breasts in a creamy capers sauce. One of our favorite recipes in the family, (which I got from my sister in law). It is one of the quickest recipes we prepare during busy days… & goes perfectly with Basmati rice.
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
Recipe uploaded by Nesreen Bahgat.
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon oil (optional) - زيت
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 bunch dill (OR less if you're not a fan - finely chopped) - شبت
- 1 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 can capers (OR to taste) - حب الكبر
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Clean the chicken breasts and dry it with a paper towel.
- Marinate the chicken breasts with garlic powder, lemon juice, chopped dill, salt and pepper. Leave the chicken to marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Grill the chicken in the hot pan on both sides until golden brown (2-3 minutes on each side.) Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the rest of the butter. Then add the capers without the accompanying water.
- As the capers cooks, scratch what was left from grilling the chicken using a wooden spoon and add the cooking cream. Bring to a simmer on low/medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts again to the sauce, cover and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately next to Basmati rice. Bon appétit :)
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast...
Easy Fruity Frozen Yoghurt Cups
Creamy, sweet, and full of nutritional goodness, these fruity frozen yoghurt cups make...
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]