Warm Peach & Berries Fruit Crumble
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 18, 2015
Starting from the smell while its in the oven, your senses know they’re getting a treat! Its delicious, heart-warming and yet so light.
- 1½ cup oats - شوفان
- 1 cup almonds - لوز
- 1/3 cup maple syrup - شراب القيقب
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 10 peaches - خوخ
- 2 cup berries - توت
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup - شراب القيقب
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Start by making the crumble layer. Simply place the almonds in a food processor & blend for a few minutes until a flour forms, then add this flour to a mixing bowl with the oats.
- Place the coconut oil, maple syrup & cinnamon in a saucepan and gently heat until the coconut has melted & everything has mixed nicely.
- Pour this over the oat/almond mixture & stir well until all dry ingredients are coated with the maple mix.
- Next peel the peaches & remove the pits, cutting the remaining section into roughly 8 pieces.
- Place the peaches in a sauce pan along with the berries & enough boiling water to just cover the bottom of the pan, probably about a cm’s worth.
- Then add the extra maple syrup plus the cinnamon before putting the lid on the pan and allowing it to simmer for about 5 minutes, until the fruit is nice and soft.
- While this cooks pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Once the fruit is soft transfer it into the bottom of your baking dish and layer the topping above it. Then bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top is nicely browned.
- Finally serve and enjoy!
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for....
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the...
No-Bake Cheesy Spinach Bechamel
This Cheesy Spinach Bechamel recipe is fast, easy and perfect for everyday when you don’t have...
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]