Warm Peach & Berries Fruit Crumble
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 18, 2015
Starting from the smell while its in the oven, your senses know they’re getting a treat! Its delicious, heart-warming and yet so light.
- 1½ cup oats - شوفان
- 1 cup almonds - لوز
- 1/3 cup maple syrup - شراب القيقب
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 10 peaches - خوخ
- 2 cup berries - توت
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup - شراب القيقب
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Start by making the crumble layer. Simply place the almonds in a food processor & blend for a few minutes until a flour forms, then add this flour to a mixing bowl with the oats.
- Place the coconut oil, maple syrup & cinnamon in a saucepan and gently heat until the coconut has melted & everything has mixed nicely.
- Pour this over the oat/almond mixture & stir well until all dry ingredients are coated with the maple mix.
- Next peel the peaches & remove the pits, cutting the remaining section into roughly 8 pieces.
- Place the peaches in a sauce pan along with the berries & enough boiling water to just cover the bottom of the pan, probably about a cm’s worth.
- Then add the extra maple syrup plus the cinnamon before putting the lid on the pan and allowing it to simmer for about 5 minutes, until the fruit is nice and soft.
- While this cooks pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Once the fruit is soft transfer it into the bottom of your baking dish and layer the topping above it. Then bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top is nicely browned.
- Finally serve and enjoy!
Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate Salad
The Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate is a wholesome and filling salad that is also delicious...
Classic Lentils To Die For
A beautiful and filling Sohour dish, these delicious lentils always get the most attention on any...
Homemade Fresh Fish Stock
Fish broth is easy and quick to make with ingredients available in your household. It will go into...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside with a tasty cheesy yet fresh taste. It is perfect as a side veggie dish for your everyday lunch as well as for big gatherings. This recipe serves 4-6. For bigger dinner parties, you will need to double the […]