Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
By yasmine • May 13, 2020
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite.
The tomato sauce suggested is not a must here – its just an added flavour and texture if you want to impress in a gathering.
The stuffing and the liquid released from chicken while cooking is enough to keep it nice and moist. It also helps the chicken remain juicy and tender if you reheat it the next day.
- 5 piece chicken breast fillet (about 1kg) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon oregano (or thyme) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 small onion (diced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 400 gram spinach - سبانخ
- 100 gram buffalo mozzarella (or shredded mozzarella or cheddar) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 3 tomatoes (peeled & diced) - طماطم
- 4 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
Step by step
- First use a sharp knife to cut an incision horizentally into the thicker area of the fillets.
- Place the cut fillets in a bowl & marinate with garlic powder, oregano, lime zest, salt & pepper. Make sure to rub the inside of the chicken as well. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan. Pan-fry the chicken breasts on both sides on medium/high heat just to get some color on them (about 7-8 minutes). Set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil (if needed) and fry the diced onion for a couple of minutes before adding the minced garlic.
- Add spinach, nutmeg and salt & pepper. Stir all together for a couple of minutes. Take it off the heat. Stir in the mozzarella while the spinach is still hot.
- Use your hand to hold the opening of the chicken, and a tablespoon to stuff the chicken with the spinach mozzarella mix (about 3 full tablespoons for each chicken fillet).
- Organize chicken fillets in oven tray (that you can use to serve too), cover with foil, and place it in a 180C preheated oven for 20 minutes until cooked through. Uncover the foil half way through.
- In the meantime, you can prepare a tomato sauce for the chicken. Heat olive oil, and pan fry garlic for a couple of minutes (make sure it doesn't darken).
- Tip in the diced tomatoes with all the juices. Season with salt & pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Lower heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes until thickened.
- Base the cooked chicken with its own juices and serve it hot in its oven tray. You can squeeze some lime juice on it or drizzle the tomato sauce.
Homemade Warm Cheesecake
A simple recipe for a rich and warm cheesecake for cheesecake lovers. Recipe uploaded by Asmaa...
Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes
For all our gluten-free friends out there: These Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes taste exactly like...
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really...
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.