Red Thai Chicken Curry
By Shereen Badawi • September 28, 2015
This delicious Red Curry Chicken dish is super easy for everyday, and a great crowd pleaser for larger gatherings. For a stress- free dinner party, cook it up to one day in advance, and simply reheat and garnish before serving.
The recipe is by Shereen Badawi, from her ‘In Your Kitchen’ article with www.cairocooking.com.
- 1 kg chicken thighs (shredded) - أوراك الدجاج
- 4 carrots (shredded lengthwise) - جزر
- 1 red pepper (thinly cut) - فلفل أحمر
- 1 yellow pepper (thinly cut) - فلفل أصفر
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- 6 spring onion (stems) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 teaspoon red curry paste (you may also use green curry paste) - صلصة الكارى الحمراء
- 1 can coconut milk (a full can or 1 ¾ cups) - لبن جوز الهند
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- coriander (fresh, for garnish - optional) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a large wok or pan, stir-fry all the veggies (except the spring onion) in 2 tbsps. olive oil until softened.
- Add the spring onions and a 1 tbsp. soy sauce for another 3 minutes. Once all is cooked, remove from heat, transfer to a dish, and set aside.
- In the same wok, add 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tbsp. fresh ginger, and stir in the chicken. Stir fry the chicken on high heat, after you add black pepper, extra ginger powder and the rest of the soy sauce. Cook the chicken until golden and cooked through.
- Add the chicken to the stir-fried veggies, cover, and set aside.
- In the same wok, mix the coconut milk with 2 teaspoon red curry paste (for medium spicy) until nicely dissolved.
- Return the chicken and veggies to the wok, season with salt and pepper, and let it simmer for a few minutes with the curry coconut milk sauce. Serve it best with yellow turmeric rice garnished with thinly sliced spring onions and fresh coriander.
Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger...
Stir-Fried Garlic & Ginger Bok Choy
Bok Choi to me was a scary cabbage that I didn’t know how to use or add to my salads since it has...
Luscious Tuna Wrap
In this luscious wrap, tuna is made creamy with labna cheese to substitute heavy mayonnaise! Add...
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe to achieving it at home. It is a perfect home cooked meal to serve with white rice and a yummy Asian-style salad (check our selection). In this recipe we do not deep fry the beef strips, but it […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.