Red Thai Chicken Curry
By Shereen Badawi • September 28, 2015
This delicious Red Curry Chicken dish is super easy for everyday, and a great crowd pleaser for larger gatherings. For a stress- free dinner party, cook it up to one day in advance, and simply reheat and garnish before serving.
The recipe is by Shereen Badawi, from her ‘In Your Kitchen’ article with www.cairocooking.com.
- 1 kg chicken thighs (shredded) - أوراك الدجاج
- 4 carrots (shredded lengthwise) - جزر
- 1 red pepper (thinly cut) - فلفل أحمر
- 1 yellow pepper (thinly cut) - فلفل أصفر
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- 6 spring onion (stems) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 teaspoon red curry paste (you may also use green curry paste) - صلصة الكارى الحمراء
- 1 can coconut milk (a full can or 1 ¾ cups) - لبن جوز الهند
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- coriander (fresh, for garnish - optional) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a large wok or pan, stir-fry all the veggies (except the spring onion) in 2 tbsps. olive oil until softened.
- Add the spring onions and a 1 tbsp. soy sauce for another 3 minutes. Once all is cooked, remove from heat, transfer to a dish, and set aside.
- In the same wok, add 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tbsp. fresh ginger, and stir in the chicken. Stir fry the chicken on high heat, after you add black pepper, extra ginger powder and the rest of the soy sauce. Cook the chicken until golden and cooked through.
- Add the chicken to the stir-fried veggies, cover, and set aside.
- In the same wok, mix the coconut milk with 2 teaspoon red curry paste (for medium spicy) until nicely dissolved.
- Return the chicken and veggies to the wok, season with salt and pepper, and let it simmer for a few minutes with the curry coconut milk sauce. Serve it best with yellow turmeric rice garnished with thinly sliced spring onions and fresh coriander.
Poached Egg with Fresh Spinach & Salmon
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it is a great time to spoil yourself and...
Homemade Bounty Bars
This dessert is based on 3 ingredients only yet delicious and easy to prepare! Your kids will...
Yellow Cornmeal Orange Cake
Our grandmas’ time, this recipe was as famous as a cheesecake today. Every house had its own...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]