Easy Smoked Salmon Blini
By shahdan • December 30, 2015
Party food at its best! These salmon blini are not only elegant and absolutely scrumptious but they are also easy to prepare! Your friends will think you’re the expert, when these heavenly little canapes melt in their mouths!
Blini are little pancakes made from buckwheat flour and regular flour. I use regular flour only, and the result is still super yummy! If you want to impress, this is the recipe to go for!
Serving Suggestion: you may also add a little black or orange caviar on top of the blini at the end.
This recipe makes 12 pieces.
- 1 cup self-rising flour - دقيق بالخميرة
- 1 medium egg - بيضة
- 1/2- 3/4 cup half cream milk - لبن نصف دسم
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly cracked) - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon chives (finely chopped) - ورق بصل
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 100 gram cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 1 medium lime (plus more to serve & garnish) - ليمون بلدي
- 120 gram smoked salmon - سمك السلمون المدخن
- 2-3 tablespoon dill (chopped) - شبت
Step by step
- In a bowl, combine flour with salt and a little freshly cracked pepper. Make a well in the middle and add one egg and half the milk.
- Whisk the milk and egg together while gradually mixing with the flour from around the edges.
- Add the rest of the milk gradually and whisk until you reach a lump-free, relatively thick batter. Add one tbsp. chopped chives and mix.
- Brush a good non-stick frying pan with 1 tsp. oil and place it over medium heat.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the batter into the pan, one spoon per pancake. Make sure to space them well apart.
- When bubbles start to appear around the edges of the blini, flip them and cook for another minute. Remove from pan and set aside, preferably on a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with the juice of half a lime, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp. chopped chives. Set aside.
- Cut your smoked salmon into bite-size pieces and season with lime juice and freshly cracked black pepper.
- To serve, arrange the blini on a serving dish. Top each one with 1 tsp. cream cheese, followed by a piece of smoked salmon, and a sprig of dill. Garnish with lemon wedges, and extra dill.
Thai Pumpkin Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This Thai Pumpkin Soup is delicious with depth of Asian flavors from...
Red Cabbage Warm Salad
This red cabbage warm salad is a nice change to your traditional greens-based salads. The sweetness...
Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside with a tasty cheesy yet fresh taste. It is perfect as a side veggie dish for your everyday lunch as well as for big gatherings. This recipe serves 4-6. For bigger dinner parties, you will need to double the […]