Easy Smoked Salmon Blini
By shahdan • December 30, 2015
Party food at its best! These salmon blini are not only elegant and absolutely scrumptious but they are also easy to prepare! Your friends will think you’re the expert, when these heavenly little canapes melt in their mouths!
Blini are little pancakes made from buckwheat flour and regular flour. I use regular flour only, and the result is still super yummy! If you want to impress, this is the recipe to go for!
Serving Suggestion: you may also add a little black or orange caviar on top of the blini at the end.
This recipe makes 12 pieces.
- 1 cup self-rising flour - دقيق بالخميرة
- 1 medium egg - بيضة
- 1/2- 3/4 cup half cream milk - لبن نصف دسم
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly cracked) - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon chives (finely chopped) - ورق بصل
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 100 gram cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 1 medium lime (plus more to serve & garnish) - ليمون بلدي
- 120 gram smoked salmon - سمك السلمون المدخن
- 2-3 tablespoon dill (chopped) - شبت
Step by step
- In a bowl, combine flour with salt and a little freshly cracked pepper. Make a well in the middle and add one egg and half the milk.
- Whisk the milk and egg together while gradually mixing with the flour from around the edges.
- Add the rest of the milk gradually and whisk until you reach a lump-free, relatively thick batter. Add one tbsp. chopped chives and mix.
- Brush a good non-stick frying pan with 1 tsp. oil and place it over medium heat.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the batter into the pan, one spoon per pancake. Make sure to space them well apart.
- When bubbles start to appear around the edges of the blini, flip them and cook for another minute. Remove from pan and set aside, preferably on a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with the juice of half a lime, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp. chopped chives. Set aside.
- Cut your smoked salmon into bite-size pieces and season with lime juice and freshly cracked black pepper.
- To serve, arrange the blini on a serving dish. Top each one with 1 tsp. cream cheese, followed by a piece of smoked salmon, and a sprig of dill. Garnish with lemon wedges, and extra dill.
Simple 6 Layer Salad
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on...
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for...
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any...
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.