Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
By Rasha Elbaramawy • March 8, 2018
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy.
The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 medium roast beef (one piece about 1.2kg) - روست بيف
- 1 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
- 1 tablespoon corn starch - نشا
- 1 pinch all spice - بهارات
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup nuts (hazelnuts, almonds and pine nuts) - مكسرات
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add minced garlic followed by the beef fillet pieces. Fry on every side for one minute or until browned.
- Add boiling water to cover the beef. Season with allspice and salt & pepper and put it in low heat until cooked through (about 45 minutes).
- Remove the roast beef from water and set aside.
- Add skimmed milk and corn starch to the remaining water (should be around 1 cup). Season with salt & pepper and let it simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in whole nuts and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Let the roast beef cool then cut it to thin slices and serve. Place warm sauce in a bowl and serve next to roast beef.
Salmon Philadelphia Sushi Roll
Always thought sushi is difficult to make but it turned out easy to prepare at home in no time. The...
Baked Greek Shrimps with Feta
This recipe is the winner of #MyBestDish cooking competition. Traditional Greek recipe, and...
Luscious White Chocolate Lava Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-pan.com This cake...
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]