Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
By Rasha Elbaramawy • March 8, 2018
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy.
The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 medium roast beef (one piece about 1.2kg) - روست بيف
- 1 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
- 1 tablespoon corn starch - نشا
- 1 pinch all spice - بهارات
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup nuts (hazelnuts, almonds and pine nuts) - مكسرات
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add minced garlic followed by the beef fillet pieces. Fry on every side for one minute or until browned.
- Add boiling water to cover the beef. Season with allspice and salt & pepper and put it in low heat until cooked through (about 45 minutes).
- Remove the roast beef from water and set aside.
- Add skimmed milk and corn starch to the remaining water (should be around 1 cup). Season with salt & pepper and let it simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in whole nuts and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Let the roast beef cool then cut it to thin slices and serve. Place warm sauce in a bowl and serve next to roast beef.
Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses
With a crunchy bite and creamy sweetness from the molasses, this soggo' is a must try! You can...
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
One Pot Chicken, Mushroom & Broccoli
الوصفه بالعربي Such a simple recipe cooked all at once in one pot! No mess and it...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.