Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
By Rasha Elbaramawy • March 8, 2018
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy.
The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 medium roast beef (one piece about 1.2kg) - روست بيف
- 1 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
- 1 tablespoon corn starch - نشا
- 1 pinch all spice - بهارات
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup nuts (hazelnuts, almonds and pine nuts) - مكسرات
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add minced garlic followed by the beef fillet pieces. Fry on every side for one minute or until browned.
- Add boiling water to cover the beef. Season with allspice and salt & pepper and put it in low heat until cooked through (about 45 minutes).
- Remove the roast beef from water and set aside.
- Add skimmed milk and corn starch to the remaining water (should be around 1 cup). Season with salt & pepper and let it simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in whole nuts and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Let the roast beef cool then cut it to thin slices and serve. Place warm sauce in a bowl and serve next to roast beef.
Crunchy Tuna & Capers Salad
With lots of greens, the tuna and capers salad is so simple yet delicious due to its sweet and...
Daim Double Chocolate Cake
The cake is a result of a random thought that struck at a moment of boredom motivating me to try...
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater)...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]