Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
By Rasha Elbaramawy • March 8, 2018
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy.
The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 medium roast beef (one piece about 1.2kg) - روست بيف
- 1 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
- 1 tablespoon corn starch - نشا
- 1 pinch all spice - بهارات
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup nuts (hazelnuts, almonds and pine nuts) - مكسرات
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add minced garlic followed by the beef fillet pieces. Fry on every side for one minute or until browned.
- Add boiling water to cover the beef. Season with allspice and salt & pepper and put it in low heat until cooked through (about 45 minutes).
- Remove the roast beef from water and set aside.
- Add skimmed milk and corn starch to the remaining water (should be around 1 cup). Season with salt & pepper and let it simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in whole nuts and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Let the roast beef cool then cut it to thin slices and serve. Place warm sauce in a bowl and serve next to roast beef.
الوصفة بالعربي Hummus falafel is a great variation of the traditional broad bean...
Watermelon Ice Popsicles
On a hot summer's day, what's better than a watermelon ice popsicle? Fresh green kiwi (loaded...
Oregano & Sumac Chicken with Classic Freekeh
Oregano & sumac marinated chicken breast fillets are served on a bed of nutritious freekeh, and...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.