By Shewekar Elgharably • May 4, 2015
It’s healthy and not loaded with sugar like the store-bought stuff! It’s good to keep at home for the whole family to enjoy for breakfasts and as a snack with fruits or yoghurt.
- 3 cup oats (or combination of rolled oats and quick oats or just quick oats) - شوفان
- 2 cup nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, peanuts) - مكسرات
- 3 cup seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flax seeds - you may also use sesame or black seeds) - البذور
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup (you may also use raw honey, agave syrup) - شراب القيقب
- 11/4 cup raisins - زبيب
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 C – gas mark 4.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds so they are partially crushed.
- Then add them to a large mixing bowl with all the other dry ingredients (except the raisins & the cinnamon), and stir together.
- Melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup and cinnamon on the stove. Once dissolved, add it to the dry bowl and mix well.
- Place the mixture onto a baking sheet, spread it evenly and bake for 30-40 minutes until crunchy. During this time, you need to stir the mixture a couple of times to ensure that all granola gets toasted and the top doesn’t burn.
- Once the granola is cooked perfectly, remove the sheet from the oven and allow it to cool then stir in the raisins.
- Store the granola in an airtight container.
Guiltless Granola Bars
These Guiltless Granola Bars are the perfect snack. It is crunchy, semi-sweet and...
Figs & Goat Cheese Oregano Pie
Fig season is here and can't stop thinking of all the fun recipes we can prepare using figs. It is...
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes and the result is...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]