By Shewekar Elgharably • May 4, 2015
It’s healthy and not loaded with sugar like the store-bought stuff! It’s good to keep at home for the whole family to enjoy for breakfasts and as a snack with fruits or yoghurt.
- 3 cup oats (or combination of rolled oats and quick oats or just quick oats) - شوفان
- 2 cup nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, peanuts) - مكسرات
- 3 cup seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flax seeds - you may also use sesame or black seeds) - البذور
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup (you may also use raw honey, agave syrup) - شراب القيقب
- 11/4 cup raisins - زبيب
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 C – gas mark 4.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds so they are partially crushed.
- Then add them to a large mixing bowl with all the other dry ingredients (except the raisins & the cinnamon), and stir together.
- Melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup and cinnamon on the stove. Once dissolved, add it to the dry bowl and mix well.
- Place the mixture onto a baking sheet, spread it evenly and bake for 30-40 minutes until crunchy. During this time, you need to stir the mixture a couple of times to ensure that all granola gets toasted and the top doesn’t burn.
- Once the granola is cooked perfectly, remove the sheet from the oven and allow it to cool then stir in the raisins.
- Store the granola in an airtight container.
Traditional Dessert Sugar Syrup
This syrup is the main sweetener of most if not all Oriental desserts. You can prepare it in...
My friend prepared these for a kids party and they were a big hit! Both, kids and grown ups, loved...
Lime & Thyme Chicken Fillets
A delicious and healthy chicken recipe bursting with lemon...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.