By Shewekar Elgharably • May 4, 2015
It’s healthy and not loaded with sugar like the store-bought stuff! It’s good to keep at home for the whole family to enjoy for breakfasts and as a snack with fruits or yoghurt.
- 3 cup oats (or combination of rolled oats and quick oats or just quick oats) - شوفان
- 2 cup nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, peanuts) - مكسرات
- 3 cup seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flax seeds - you may also use sesame or black seeds) - البذور
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup (you may also use raw honey, agave syrup) - شراب القيقب
- 11/4 cup raisins - زبيب
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 C – gas mark 4.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds so they are partially crushed.
- Then add them to a large mixing bowl with all the other dry ingredients (except the raisins & the cinnamon), and stir together.
- Melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup and cinnamon on the stove. Once dissolved, add it to the dry bowl and mix well.
- Place the mixture onto a baking sheet, spread it evenly and bake for 30-40 minutes until crunchy. During this time, you need to stir the mixture a couple of times to ensure that all granola gets toasted and the top doesn’t burn.
- Once the granola is cooked perfectly, remove the sheet from the oven and allow it to cool then stir in the raisins.
- Store the granola in an airtight container.
Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
الوصفة بالعربي A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not...
Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
When shrimp and avocados come together, the results are usually luscious, impressive and mostly...
Spinach & Carrot Brown Rice Medley
From 9 months. Like most leafy greens, most doctors allow spinach from 9 months. Spinach is a...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.