By Shewekar Elgharably • May 4, 2015
It’s healthy and not loaded with sugar like the store-bought stuff! It’s good to keep at home for the whole family to enjoy for breakfasts and as a snack with fruits or yoghurt.
- 3 cup oats (or combination of rolled oats and quick oats or just quick oats) - شوفان
- 2 cup nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, peanuts) - مكسرات
- 3 cup seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flax seeds - you may also use sesame or black seeds) - البذور
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup (you may also use raw honey, agave syrup) - شراب القيقب
- 11/4 cup raisins - زبيب
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 C – gas mark 4.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds so they are partially crushed.
- Then add them to a large mixing bowl with all the other dry ingredients (except the raisins & the cinnamon), and stir together.
- Melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup and cinnamon on the stove. Once dissolved, add it to the dry bowl and mix well.
- Place the mixture onto a baking sheet, spread it evenly and bake for 30-40 minutes until crunchy. During this time, you need to stir the mixture a couple of times to ensure that all granola gets toasted and the top doesn’t burn.
- Once the granola is cooked perfectly, remove the sheet from the oven and allow it to cool then stir in the raisins.
- Store the granola in an airtight container.
Pomegranate Jallab with Silvered Almonds
Such a simple refreshing drink, this Pomegranate Jallab is a popular drink in Lebanon and...
Poached Egg with Fresh Spinach & Salmon
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it is a great time to spoil yourself and...
Easy Fruity Frozen Yoghurt Cups
Creamy, sweet, and full of nutritional goodness, these fruity frozen yoghurt cups make...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]