Lovely Lentils Simplified
By shahdan • April 1, 2016
From 9 months.
The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very close to our lentils soup. Here we simplify her recipe to accommodate our local ingredients and keep it nutritious and delicious for our babies.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 1/2 cup yellow lentils - عدس أصفر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion - بصلة
- 1 garlic clove (optional) - فص ثوم
- 1 carrot (grated) - جزرة
- 1 zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 pinch ground cumin - كمون
- 1 tablespoon coriander (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil for 10 seconds then add minced onions and garlic as well as grated carrots and zucchini. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and hot water or broth and bring it to a boil. Cover pan and lower heat and let it simmer for 25 minutes or until lentils and veggies are cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- You won't need to use a blender for this dish, it will absorb all the water and have a good consistency on its own. Add cumin and chopped coriander, if using any, and serve warm.
Late Night Date & Custard Pie
This Date & Custard Pie is a result of a ready-made pie crust from Gourmet and the love for...
Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Vegetable Curry
This is a perfect vegetarian option especially when you need a break from regular proteins. With...
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.