Lovely Lentils Simplified
By shahdan • April 1, 2016
From 9 months.
The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very close to our lentils soup. Here we simplify her recipe to accommodate our local ingredients and keep it nutritious and delicious for our babies.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 1/2 cup yellow lentils - عدس أصفر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion - بصلة
- 1 garlic clove (optional) - فص ثوم
- 1 carrot (grated) - جزرة
- 1 zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 pinch ground cumin - كمون
- 1 tablespoon coriander (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil for 10 seconds then add minced onions and garlic as well as grated carrots and zucchini. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and hot water or broth and bring it to a boil. Cover pan and lower heat and let it simmer for 25 minutes or until lentils and veggies are cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- You won't need to use a blender for this dish, it will absorb all the water and have a good consistency on its own. Add cumin and chopped coriander, if using any, and serve warm.
Simple Grilled Salmon & Mixed Veggies
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This recipe is an...
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled...
Egyptian White Rice
Cooking simple white rice can be quite challenging for lots of people. This is a simple recipe that...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]