Lovely Lentils Simplified
By shahdan • April 1, 2016
From 9 months.
The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very close to our lentils soup. Here we simplify her recipe to accommodate our local ingredients and keep it nutritious and delicious for our babies.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 1/2 cup yellow lentils - عدس أصفر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion - بصلة
- 1 garlic clove (optional) - فص ثوم
- 1 carrot (grated) - جزرة
- 1 zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 pinch ground cumin - كمون
- 1 tablespoon coriander (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil for 10 seconds then add minced onions and garlic as well as grated carrots and zucchini. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and hot water or broth and bring it to a boil. Cover pan and lower heat and let it simmer for 25 minutes or until lentils and veggies are cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- You won't need to use a blender for this dish, it will absorb all the water and have a good consistency on its own. Add cumin and chopped coriander, if using any, and serve warm.
The Perfectly Roasted Quail
Impress your guests with this super easy-to-follow roasted quail dish. All you need to do...
Baby Banana Ice Cream
From 12 months. Not just because of dairy, but also because extra cold contents are not as easy to...
Kitchari is India's detox meal. The classic recipe is cooked with rice. In this recipe, rice is...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]