Simple Greens Chicken Broth
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Nothing can replace a good homemade chicken broth. Prepare it in large quantities, freeze it, and you will always have the perfect healthy base for all your soups and meals.
- 2.5 kg chicken (backs and necks) - دجاج
- 1 large leek (chopped) - كرات
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 2 large carrots (chopped) - جزر
- 1 stalks celery (chopped) - كرفس افرنجي
- 4 sprig parsley - بقدونس
- 2 sprig thyme (fresh) - زعتر
- 5 piece black peppercorns - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 3 pod cardamom - حبهان
Step by step
- In a stockpot, combine the chicken parts, leek, onion, carrots, celery, parsley, thyme and peppercorns.
- Add room temperature water to cover by 2 cm.
- Bring to almost a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover partially, and simmer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the heat and strain. Press down on the solids to extract all the liquid and discard the solids.
- Let the stock stand for 10 minutes then skim off the fat from the surface.
- Use the stock at once or let cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Lift off and discard the fat congealed on the surface before using.
Authentic Neapolitan Italian Pizza
There is nothing quite as comforting as a home-baked treat that fills the house with heart-warming...
Mustard & Rosemary Roasted Beef Fillet
This is such an easy recipe that it became a staple in our homes. The meat turns out tender...
Kiddie Yummy Cut Out Cookies
Fun and easy to prepare, these cookies will keep your kids entertained. With no sophisticated...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.