Simple Greens Chicken Broth
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Nothing can replace a good homemade chicken broth. Prepare it in large quantities, freeze it, and you will always have the perfect healthy base for all your soups and meals.
- 2.5 kg chicken (backs and necks) - دجاج
- 1 large leek (chopped) - كرات
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 2 large carrots (chopped) - جزر
- 1 stalks celery (chopped) - كرفس افرنجي
- 4 sprig parsley - بقدونس
- 2 sprig thyme (fresh) - زعتر
- 5 piece black peppercorns - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 3 pod cardamom - حبهان
Step by step
- In a stockpot, combine the chicken parts, leek, onion, carrots, celery, parsley, thyme and peppercorns.
- Add room temperature water to cover by 2 cm.
- Bring to almost a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover partially, and simmer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the heat and strain. Press down on the solids to extract all the liquid and discard the solids.
- Let the stock stand for 10 minutes then skim off the fat from the surface.
- Use the stock at once or let cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Lift off and discard the fat congealed on the surface before using.
Raw Chocolate Whoopies with Banana Coconut Filling
It's nice to find a kids chocolate recipe that is sugar-free and that they would enjoy. These...
Garlic & Vinegar Slow-Cooked Lamb: Lamb Vindaloo
This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge which closes Dec 5, 2015. Click here to...
Lentils & Apple Salad
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend's dinner and I fell in love with it. Without...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.