Simple Greens Chicken Broth
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Nothing can replace a good homemade chicken broth. Prepare it in large quantities, freeze it, and you will always have the perfect healthy base for all your soups and meals.
- 2.5 kg chicken (backs and necks) - دجاج
- 1 large leek (chopped) - كرات
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 2 large carrots (chopped) - جزر
- 1 stalks celery (chopped) - كرفس افرنجي
- 4 sprig parsley - بقدونس
- 2 sprig thyme (fresh) - زعتر
- 5 piece black peppercorns - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 3 pod cardamom - حبهان
Step by step
- In a stockpot, combine the chicken parts, leek, onion, carrots, celery, parsley, thyme and peppercorns.
- Add room temperature water to cover by 2 cm.
- Bring to almost a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover partially, and simmer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the heat and strain. Press down on the solids to extract all the liquid and discard the solids.
- Let the stock stand for 10 minutes then skim off the fat from the surface.
- Use the stock at once or let cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Lift off and discard the fat congealed on the surface before using.
Seared Tuna Salad
It's filling, fast, low calorie and delicious for seafood lovers! Recipe submitted by Sarah...
Lentils & Apple Salad
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend's dinner and I fell in love with it. Without...
This pudding is perfect for you and your family. Blueberries slow the growth of various cancers,...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!