Egyptian Eggplant & Cheese Platter
By shahdan • October 5, 2015
This platter is full of simple good Egyptian flavours! The eggplant cubes are roasted in the oven with olive oil and garlic, while the tomatoes are seasoned the very Egyptian way. Both are served on a platter with baramily cheese. It’s a feast of traditional flavours that is sure to impress your family and friends.
- 2 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 5 large garlic cloves (2 for eggplants, 3 for tomoatoes) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 large tomato - طماطم
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 150 gram baramili white cheese - جبنة براميلي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cut the eggplants into bite-size cubes and rub them with a drizzle olive oil, 2 crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Spread the eggplant cubes on an oven tray and roast for 20 minutes at 180C.
- Cut the tomatoes into bite-size cubes and season with vinegar, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Arrange the tomatoes and eggplants in the serving platter and add the baramily cheese in between. Serve with a selection of wholesome baladi bread and breadsticks.
Lemon Butter Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي A new, moist and buttery take on a classic chicken dish. Recipe...
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy...
Traditional Rice Me'ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]