Egyptian Eggplant & Cheese Platter
By shahdan • October 5, 2015
This platter is full of simple good Egyptian flavours! The eggplant cubes are roasted in the oven with olive oil and garlic, while the tomatoes are seasoned the very Egyptian way. Both are served on a platter with baramily cheese. It’s a feast of traditional flavours that is sure to impress your family and friends.
- 2 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 5 large garlic cloves (2 for eggplants, 3 for tomoatoes) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 large tomato - طماطم
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 150 gram baramili white cheese - جبنة براميلي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cut the eggplants into bite-size cubes and rub them with a drizzle olive oil, 2 crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Spread the eggplant cubes on an oven tray and roast for 20 minutes at 180C.
- Cut the tomatoes into bite-size cubes and season with vinegar, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Arrange the tomatoes and eggplants in the serving platter and add the baramily cheese in between. Serve with a selection of wholesome baladi bread and breadsticks.
No-Mayo Pasta Salad
Colourful and nutritious, this salad is a joyful meal in a lunch box. With 3 different colours...
Make-Ahead Chicken Shawerma & Tahini Sandwich Fillers
The children will be super excited about this yummy Shawerma & Tahini sandwich at school. Just...
Banana & Date Whole-Wheat Cake
I came across a lot of baking recipes when I tried to introduce my toddler to sweets without adding...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]