Egyptian Eggplant & Cheese Platter
By shahdan • October 5, 2015
This platter is full of simple good Egyptian flavours! The eggplant cubes are roasted in the oven with olive oil and garlic, while the tomatoes are seasoned the very Egyptian way. Both are served on a platter with baramily cheese. It’s a feast of traditional flavours that is sure to impress your family and friends.
- 2 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 5 large garlic cloves (2 for eggplants, 3 for tomoatoes) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 large tomato - طماطم
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 150 gram baramili white cheese - جبنة براميلي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cut the eggplants into bite-size cubes and rub them with a drizzle olive oil, 2 crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Spread the eggplant cubes on an oven tray and roast for 20 minutes at 180C.
- Cut the tomatoes into bite-size cubes and season with vinegar, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Arrange the tomatoes and eggplants in the serving platter and add the baramily cheese in between. Serve with a selection of wholesome baladi bread and breadsticks.
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
Egyptian White Rice
Cooking simple white rice can be quite challenging for lots of people. This is a simple recipe that...
Traditional Sweet Qatayef
The traditional sweet Qatayef are different in each home. Some people add almonds and pistachios,...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]