Cheat Mango & Mint Pavlova
By shahdan • May 24, 2015
Nothing beats a home-made dessert when hosting a dinner party. With our Egyptian big impressive menus, we often find ourselves out of energy and time to prepare an elaborate dessert… When this happens, Pavlova is the answer! All you need is, good vanilla ice cream, store-bought meringue (that’s the cheating part), and your favorite fruits. Pavlova is great with strawberries when it’s strawberry season, and perfect with mangos during the hot summer days. Adding some pomegranate gives it taste, color and texture, while mint completes the dish with a fresh color and aroma.
- 1 box meringue (ready-made on the supermarket shelf, in the bread section) - مارنج
- 1 box vanilla ice cream - أيس كريم فانيليا
- 4 large mangoes - مانجو
- 2 large pomegranate seeds (or frozen berries) - بذور رمان
- 10 leaves mint - نعناع
- 1 tablespoon powdered Sugar - سكر بودرة
Step by step
- Prepare your fruits ahead of time: peel and cut the mangos and put them in a sealed box in the fridge. Add a little sugar on the pomegranate, some mint leaves for a perfect aroma, then cover and put in the fridge.
- Right before serving: scatter the meringue in a large plate. It looks way more interesting when it is scattered in a big serving plate, not in the traditional bowl.
- Scoop the ice cream on the meringue. From experience, people appreciate vanilla ice cream much more than cream.
- Add the mangos on top (the more the merrier), and sprinkle the pomegranate and its juices.
- Finally decorate with more fresh mint leaves and crushed meringue. Serve immediately!
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
Homemade Warm Cheesecake
A simple recipe for a rich and warm cheesecake for cheesecake lovers. Recipe uploaded by Asmaa...
Tasty Zucchini Waffles
This is a perfect way to sneak in some zucchini in your kids' breakfast waffles! And the good...
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Comforting Potato Gratin – A Shortcut Recipe
This potato gratin is not just delicious, it can be ready in as short as 30 minutes! You need to thinly slice the potatoes (unpeeled and all) with a mandolin or with the knife setting of the food processor. Also, boiling the potatoes for 10 minutes in little water and steam helps it get cooked […]