Cheat Mango & Mint Pavlova
By shahdan • May 24, 2015
Nothing beats a home-made dessert when hosting a dinner party. With our Egyptian big impressive menus, we often find ourselves out of energy and time to prepare an elaborate dessert… When this happens, Pavlova is the answer! All you need is, good vanilla ice cream, store-bought meringue (that’s the cheating part), and your favorite fruits. Pavlova is great with strawberries when it’s strawberry season, and perfect with mangos during the hot summer days. Adding some pomegranate gives it taste, color and texture, while mint completes the dish with a fresh color and aroma.
- 1 box meringue (ready-made on the supermarket shelf, in the bread section) - مارنج
- 1 box vanilla ice cream - أيس كريم فانيليا
- 4 large mangoes - مانجو
- 2 large pomegranate seeds (or frozen berries) - بذور رمان
- 10 leaves mint - نعناع
- 1 tablespoon powdered Sugar - سكر بودرة
Step by step
- Prepare your fruits ahead of time: peel and cut the mangos and put them in a sealed box in the fridge. Add a little sugar on the pomegranate, some mint leaves for a perfect aroma, then cover and put in the fridge.
- Right before serving: scatter the meringue in a large plate. It looks way more interesting when it is scattered in a big serving plate, not in the traditional bowl.
- Scoop the ice cream on the meringue. From experience, people appreciate vanilla ice cream much more than cream.
- Add the mangos on top (the more the merrier), and sprinkle the pomegranate and its juices.
- Finally decorate with more fresh mint leaves and crushed meringue. Serve immediately!
Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we...
The Perfectly Roasted Quail
Impress your guests with this super easy-to-follow roasted quail dish. All you need to do...
Grain-free Almond Bread
الوصفة بالعربي This is a simple recipe for grain-free bread made with almonds and...
Leeks are a special crop that comes in season in short intervals. It is commonly used in our Falafel but there are so many other ways to enjoy its freshness and uniqueness, like this Leek & Potato Soup. This recipe can be ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect side dish to all protein.
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]