Cheat Mango & Mint Pavlova
By shahdan • May 24, 2015
Nothing beats a home-made dessert when hosting a dinner party. With our Egyptian big impressive menus, we often find ourselves out of energy and time to prepare an elaborate dessert… When this happens, Pavlova is the answer! All you need is, good vanilla ice cream, store-bought meringue (that’s the cheating part), and your favorite fruits. Pavlova is great with strawberries when it’s strawberry season, and perfect with mangos during the hot summer days. Adding some pomegranate gives it taste, color and texture, while mint completes the dish with a fresh color and aroma.
- 1 box meringue (ready-made on the supermarket shelf, in the bread section) - مارنج
- 1 box vanilla ice cream - أيس كريم فانيليا
- 4 large mangoes - مانجو
- 2 large pomegranate (or frozen berries) - رمان
- 10 leaves mint - نعناع
- 1 tablespoon powdered Sugar - سكر بودرة
Step by step
- Prepare your fruits ahead of time: peel and cut the mangos and put them in a sealed box in the fridge. Add a little sugar on the pomegranate, some mint leaves for a perfect aroma, then cover and put in the fridge.
- Right before serving: scatter the meringue in a large plate. It looks way more interesting when it is scattered in a big serving plate, not in the traditional bowl.
- Scoop the ice cream on the meringue. From experience, people appreciate vanilla ice cream much more than cream.
- Add the mangos on top (the more the merrier), and sprinkle the pomegranate and its juices.
- Finally decorate with more fresh mint leaves and crushed meringue. Serve immediately!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a...
Authentic Neapolitan Italian Pizza
There is nothing quite as comforting as a home-baked treat that fills the house with heart-warming...
Grain-free Almond Bread
الوصفة بالعربي This is a simple recipe for grain-free bread made with almonds and...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without any complicated ingredients. It is merely juicy chicken in rich flavourful sauce served over aromatic rice. This recipe also works well with shrimps (the fancy variation of the recipe when guests would visit). This dish is […]