Cheat Mango & Mint Pavlova
By shahdan • May 24, 2015
Nothing beats a home-made dessert when hosting a dinner party. With our Egyptian big impressive menus, we often find ourselves out of energy and time to prepare an elaborate dessert… When this happens, Pavlova is the answer! All you need is, good vanilla ice cream, store-bought meringue (that’s the cheating part), and your favorite fruits. Pavlova is great with strawberries when it’s strawberry season, and perfect with mangos during the hot summer days. Adding some pomegranate gives it taste, color and texture, while mint completes the dish with a fresh color and aroma.
- 1 box meringue (ready-made on the supermarket shelf, in the bread section) - مارنج
- 1 box vanilla ice cream - أيس كريم فانيليا
- 4 large mangoes - مانجو
- 2 large pomegranate seeds (or frozen berries) - بذور رمان
- 10 leaves mint - نعناع
- 1 tablespoon powdered Sugar - سكر بودرة
Step by step
- Prepare your fruits ahead of time: peel and cut the mangos and put them in a sealed box in the fridge. Add a little sugar on the pomegranate, some mint leaves for a perfect aroma, then cover and put in the fridge.
- Right before serving: scatter the meringue in a large plate. It looks way more interesting when it is scattered in a big serving plate, not in the traditional bowl.
- Scoop the ice cream on the meringue. From experience, people appreciate vanilla ice cream much more than cream.
- Add the mangos on top (the more the merrier), and sprinkle the pomegranate and its juices.
- Finally decorate with more fresh mint leaves and crushed meringue. Serve immediately!
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
The Simplest Renga Baladi
Such a simple and tasty recipe that takes us back to our childhood and still makes an amazing...
Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle
This Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle is the simplest way to the heart of a loved one. It impresses with its salmon flavor and creaminess, while it is quick and easy to prepare.
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]