Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
By Sarah Hamada • January 25, 2019
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not zucchini!
It can also be a big hit in a small gathering.
I personally love it because it is healthy and incredibly easy to prepare .
- 2 kg zucchini - كوسة
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 piece garlic (minced) - ثوم
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 can pesto sauce - صلصة الريحان
- 5 piece sun-dried tomatoes (thinly sliced) - طماطم مجففة
- 1/2 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 handful parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
Step by step
- Thinly slice zucchini or use shredder or peeler to achieve a thin noodle like cut.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Sauté minced garlic for a couple of minutes then add shredded zucchini. Season with salt & pepper.
- Stir the zucchini occasionally and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat, then add pesto, sliced sun-dried tomatoes and cream.
- Stir for a couple of minutes but don't overcook the zucchini. It still needs to have a bite to it.
- Serve warm sprinkled with Parmesan.
Watermelon Ice Popsicles
On a hot summer's day, what's better than a watermelon ice popsicle? Fresh green kiwi (loaded...
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
Simple Greens Chicken Broth
Nothing can replace a good homemade chicken broth. Prepare it in large quantities, freeze it, and...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]