Zesty Orange Shrimps with Apples & Peas Purée
By Nour Bahgat • February 8, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
This is my own recipe. I created it as I love to pair the zesty flavors with shrimps giving them a lift and a refreshing taste. The peas purée is a unique dip for the zesty shrimps. It also adds a vibrant green color to the dish making it look even prettier! The round apple slices give a nice crunch and flavor that compliments all the flavors. Enjoy this creative recipe and happy cooking!
- 1 cup basmati rice - أرز بسمتي
- 1/2 kg shrimp (medium-size & tail on) - جمبري
- 3 tablespoon coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 1/2 kg peas (frozen) - بسلة
- 3-4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper corn - فلفل اسود حب
- 4 sprig thyme - زعتر
- 1 orange - برتقالة
- 1/2 apple - تفاحة
- 6 piece cherry tomatoes (cut in half) - طماطم تشيري
- 2 baguette (rounds) - خبز باجيت
- 11/2 cup water - ماء
Step by step
- Preheat your oven broiler. Cut 2 round 1-cm thick slices of baguette. Brush with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and broil for 3-4 minutes.
- In a medium pot, add basmati rice, water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, cover and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, rub defrosted shrimps with olive oil, some orange juice, salt and pepper. Heat a pan, add the shrimps and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Add remaining orange juice to the shrimps while cooking to caramelize the shrimps. Remove from the heat.
- Using a potato grater, slice 4 this round pieces from the largest diameter of the apple.
- Wash frozen peas with hot water. In a food processor, add peas, olive oil, salt & pepper and process until smooth. Transfer the peas purée to a pipping bag.
- Mix chopped cilantro with cooked basmati rice.
- To assemble the dish, spoon rice into flat plate and top it with shrimps. Place an apple slice next to each shrimp. Pipe some peas purée next to the rice ending it with the toasted bread topped with fresh thyme sprigs. Garnish the peas pure with the slices cherry tomatoes.
Delicious Liver Alexandrian Style
Grilled liver is an amazing protein in taste, nutritional value and all the things you can do with...
Spinach & Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato & Carrot Cream Sauce
This recipe is the runner-up to #MyBestDish cooking competition. This recipe is perfect for any...
If you find yourself cooking rice daily, you may want to try cooking freekeh instead. It is...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]