Zesty Orange Shrimps with Apples & Peas Purée
By Nour Bahgat • February 8, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
This is my own recipe. I created it as I love to pair the zesty flavors with shrimps giving them a lift and a refreshing taste. The peas purée is a unique dip for the zesty shrimps. It also adds a vibrant green color to the dish making it look even prettier! The round apple slices give a nice crunch and flavor that compliments all the flavors. Enjoy this creative recipe and happy cooking!
- 1 cup basmati rice - أرز بسمتي
- 1/2 kg shrimp (medium-size & tail on) - جمبري
- 3 tablespoon coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 1/2 kg peas (frozen) - بسلة
- 3-4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper corn - فلفل اسود حب
- 4 sprig thyme - زعتر
- 1 orange - برتقالة
- 1/2 apple - تفاحة
- 6 piece cherry tomatoes (cut in half) - طماطم تشيري
- 2 baguette (rounds) - خبز باجيت
- 11/2 cup water - ماء
Step by step
- Preheat your oven broiler. Cut 2 round 1-cm thick slices of baguette. Brush with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and broil for 3-4 minutes.
- In a medium pot, add basmati rice, water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, cover and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, rub defrosted shrimps with olive oil, some orange juice, salt and pepper. Heat a pan, add the shrimps and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Add remaining orange juice to the shrimps while cooking to caramelize the shrimps. Remove from the heat.
- Using a potato grater, slice 4 this round pieces from the largest diameter of the apple.
- Wash frozen peas with hot water. In a food processor, add peas, olive oil, salt & pepper and process until smooth. Transfer the peas purée to a pipping bag.
- Mix chopped cilantro with cooked basmati rice.
- To assemble the dish, spoon rice into flat plate and top it with shrimps. Place an apple slice next to each shrimp. Pipe some peas purée next to the rice ending it with the toasted bread topped with fresh thyme sprigs. Garnish the peas pure with the slices cherry tomatoes.
Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your...
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes and the result is...
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious...
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]