Zesty Fresh Spinach & Beetroot Salad
By shahdan • January 20, 2016
Vibrant, nutritious and full of bold textures and flavours… This salad will blow your mind away! Made with the season’s fresh produce, it is sweet, tangy and delicious without any added dressings! Try it, it might become your new salad addiction!
- 200 gram spinach (fresh leaves) - سبانخ
- 4 medium beetroot (boiled, peeled and cubed) - بنجر
- 2 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 200 gram feta cheese (good quality Greek feta) - جبنه فيتا
- 2 medium orange - برتقالة
- 10 leaves mint - نعناع
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts - صنوبر
Step by step
- Place the washed and dried spinach leaves in the serving bowl or plate. Arrange the cooked beetroot cubes on top and add the lime juice.
- Next, cut the feta cheese into cubes and scatter on the dish.
- Peel the oranges, then slice them into round slices. Cut each slice into 4 quarters and arrange on the salad.
- Sprinkle the fresh mint leaves and the dried mint on top.
- Toast the pine nuts by spreading them on a dry pan over medium heat. Shake the pan until the nuts reach a golden colour (2- 3 minutes). Sprinkle on top of the salad and serve.
Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
I don't find Mahshi that interesting for dinner parties, therefore I decided to take the best...
Classic Egyptian Bessara
الوصفه بالعربي A hearty authentic Egyptian dish to be proud of! It will take you to...
Balsamic glaze is a thick balsamic vinegar reduction that is great for salads, grilled veggies,...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]