Zesty Fresh Spinach & Beetroot Salad
By shahdan • January 20, 2016
Vibrant, nutritious and full of bold textures and flavours… This salad will blow your mind away! Made with the season’s fresh produce, it is sweet, tangy and delicious without any added dressings! Try it, it might become your new salad addiction!
- 200 gram spinach (fresh leaves) - سبانخ
- 4 medium beetroot (boiled, peeled and cubed) - بنجر
- 2 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 200 gram feta cheese (good quality Greek feta) - جبنه فيتا
- 2 medium orange - برتقالة
- 10 leaves mint - نعناع
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts - صنوبر
Step by step
- Place the washed and dried spinach leaves in the serving bowl or plate. Arrange the cooked beetroot cubes on top and add the lime juice.
- Next, cut the feta cheese into cubes and scatter on the dish.
- Peel the oranges, then slice them into round slices. Cut each slice into 4 quarters and arrange on the salad.
- Sprinkle the fresh mint leaves and the dried mint on top.
- Toast the pine nuts by spreading them on a dry pan over medium heat. Shake the pan until the nuts reach a golden colour (2- 3 minutes). Sprinkle on top of the salad and serve.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
Everyday Mushroom Risotto
I used to get scared of risotto until I found my sister cooks it as a last minute dish when she was...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes....
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]