Yummy Zucchini Carrot Fritters
By Shereen Badawi • October 23, 2016
These Zucchini Carrot Fritters are just so yummy. The kids love them and are ready to add them to their school lunchbox, while they also make a great kids dinner. You can also serve it next to your favorite protein dish as a veggie side.
- 1 cup zucchini (shredded) - كوسة
- 1 cup carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1/3 cup green onions (finely chopped) - بصل أخضر
- 1/3 cup wholegrain oats (blended) - شوفان الحبوب الكاملة
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated) - جبنة بارميزان
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, add zucchini, carrots, green onions, blended oats, grated cheese, eggs, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and drizzle olive oil.
- With wet hands or a spoon, scoop around 2-3 tablespoons of the veggie mixture and pat them into a round fritter, place it in the hot pan and repeat. Leave some space between the fritters.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer on a rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new...
Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty,...
Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
In the kitchen, I'm a fan of rich flavor, but more important than that - an easy recipe, like this...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]