Yummy Zucchini Carrot Fritters
By Shereen Badawi • October 23, 2016
These Zucchini Carrot Fritters are just so yummy. The kids love them and are ready to add them to their school lunchbox, while they also make a great kids dinner. You can also serve it next to your favorite protein dish as a veggie side.
- 1 cup zucchini (shredded) - كوسة
- 1 cup carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1/3 cup green onions (finely chopped) - بصل أخضر
- 1/3 cup wholegrain oats (blended) - شوفان الحبوب الكاملة
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated) - جبنة بارميزان
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, add zucchini, carrots, green onions, blended oats, grated cheese, eggs, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and drizzle olive oil.
- With wet hands or a spoon, scoop around 2-3 tablespoons of the veggie mixture and pat them into a round fritter, place it in the hot pan and repeat. Leave some space between the fritters.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer on a rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.
No-recipe Falafel Platter with Vegetable Wraps
Add colour to your gatherings table with this fun falafel-wraps platter. To substitute bread,...
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Mahshi Koronb (Stuffed Cabbage) Made Simple
Even though I love cooking and I have a passion for traditional Egyptian food, Mahshi Koronb...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]