Yummy Zucchini Carrot Fritters
By Shereen Badawi • October 23, 2016
These Zucchini Carrot Fritters are just so yummy. The kids love them and are ready to add them to their school lunchbox, while they also make a great kids dinner. You can also serve it next to your favorite protein dish as a veggie side.
- 1 cup zucchini (shredded) - كوسة
- 1 cup carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1/3 cup green onions (finely chopped) - بصل أخضر
- 1/3 cup wholegrain oats (blended) - شوفان الحبوب الكاملة
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated) - جبنة بارميزان
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, add zucchini, carrots, green onions, blended oats, grated cheese, eggs, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and drizzle olive oil.
- With wet hands or a spoon, scoop around 2-3 tablespoons of the veggie mixture and pat them into a round fritter, place it in the hot pan and repeat. Leave some space between the fritters.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer on a rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new...
Red Thai Chicken Curry
الوصفه بالعربي This delicious Red Curry Chicken dish is super easy for everyday, and...
Roasted Zucchini with Garlic & Herbs
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest. This is a quick and easy side dish that will have...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.