Watermelon Ice Popsicles
By shahdan • August 8, 2015
On a hot summer’s day, what’s better than a watermelon ice popsicle? Fresh green kiwi (loaded with vitamin C) is used for the green watermelon part, while sweet pure watermelon juice is used for the rest of the popsicle! You may also substitute kiwi with cantaloupe!
An ice popsicles is a super healthy treat for children, especially those who don’t eat enough fruit! All you need to do is blend the kids’ favourite fruits, pass the juice through a sieve for a kid-friendly smooth consistency, and freeze.
Fruit Popsicle Inspiration:
- Summer Mangos
- Pink Strawberry Lemonade (strawberry and lemon juice)
- Strawberry (blended with milk & honey or with orange juice)
- Frozen Yoghurt (freeze your favourite plain yoghurt blended with fresh fruit and honey)
- Strawberry and Banana (blended with a little milk & honey)
- Fruit cocktail (blend your favourite fruits with orange or pineapple juice)
- 2 cup watermelon (cubed and deseeded) - بطيخ
- 4 kiwi (or 1/4 cantaloupe) - كيوي
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Deseed the watermelon and blend in a food processor or using a handheld blender. You may add some honey if the watermelon is not sweet enough.
- Press the watermelon juice through a sieve, using a spoon to get out as much juice as possible.
- Carefully, spoon the juice in 3/4 of each mould and freeze for around 90 minutes.
- Prepare the kiwi, by blending the kiwi flesh with 1 teaspoon honey then pressing through a sieve to get rid of the black seeds
- Take the moulds out of the freezer, fill the remaining part with kiwi juice, insert the sticks and freeze overnight.
- To release the pops, place the mould in a bowl of warm water until they begin to melt away from the mould (as per photo). Do not use force to pull, because you will probably end up pulling out the stick without the popsicle.
Nutritious Freekeh with Chicken Dish
Extremely nutritious, freekeh is one of the healthiest grains. This grain can be easily cooked into...
Roasted Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي The Roasted Turmeric Chicken has bold flavours, vibrant colours, moist...
This Coconut Ashoura is pure happiness in a bowl. It is deliciously creamy, super nutritious, and...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]