Watermelon Ice Popsicles
By shahdan • August 8, 2015
On a hot summer’s day, what’s better than a watermelon ice popsicle? Fresh green kiwi (loaded with vitamin C) is used for the green watermelon part, while sweet pure watermelon juice is used for the rest of the popsicle! You may also substitute kiwi with cantaloupe!
An ice popsicles is a super healthy treat for children, especially those who don’t eat enough fruit! All you need to do is blend the kids’ favourite fruits, pass the juice through a sieve for a kid-friendly smooth consistency, and freeze.
Fruit Popsicle Inspiration:
- Summer Mangos
- Pink Strawberry Lemonade (strawberry and lemon juice)
- Strawberry (blended with milk & honey or with orange juice)
- Frozen Yoghurt (freeze your favourite plain yoghurt blended with fresh fruit and honey)
- Strawberry and Banana (blended with a little milk & honey)
- Fruit cocktail (blend your favourite fruits with orange or pineapple juice)
- 2 cup watermelon (cubed and deseeded) - بطيخ
- 4 kiwi (or 1/4 cantaloupe) - كيوي
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Deseed the watermelon and blend in a food processor or using a handheld blender. You may add some honey if the watermelon is not sweet enough.
- Press the watermelon juice through a sieve, using a spoon to get out as much juice as possible.
- Carefully, spoon the juice in 3/4 of each mould and freeze for around 90 minutes.
- Prepare the kiwi, by blending the kiwi flesh with 1 teaspoon honey then pressing through a sieve to get rid of the black seeds
- Take the moulds out of the freezer, fill the remaining part with kiwi juice, insert the sticks and freeze overnight.
- To release the pops, place the mould in a bowl of warm water until they begin to melt away from the mould (as per photo). Do not use force to pull, because you will probably end up pulling out the stick without the popsicle.
Pineapple Quinoa Salad
With the sweet taste of pineapple and the aroma of fresh mint leaves, this exotic Pineapple Quinoa...
Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. An easy flavorful...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for....
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.